"so....hows bizness"

Thanks for that Wiley.

I'm part way there. I have all my past work orders with customer contact info from the last three years that I've been in business. I had fewer fruit tree pruning calls last winter, and I think that a lot of people had a two year cycle in mind, even though annual pruning is easier, so faster yadayada. I'm going to try to join the local fruit tree society in Oly, and continue to study the particular trees' pruning needs as oriented toward production, as well as pests/ fungi.

I basically rarely to never work on fruit trees or smaller tree/shrubs. To much competition around here for that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The big church where I cut my hand last year called me back today to do some more work. I was afraid I would never hear from them again. But all is well and they have another day to day and a half of work for me. :thumbup:

That's cool Brian. Our job is inherently dangerous, nice compliment to you that you were professional enough that they called you back even though it was a day your number got called.

That is sweet Brian. Most folks assume that you are an idiot if you get hurt so will not hire you again. Now dont get me wrong Im not saying youre not....

Funny side note, years ago (4 I think) after falling out of a tree I ended up having a CAT scan. Weeks before I had looked at a big job for a homeowners assoc. Couple days later I got a call from my contact with the assoc. and he asks me if I was the "Paul Cox" that had a CAT scan and if I had fallen out of a tree, he was the doctor that read the scan. I didnt get the job. I have been told that I could have had him fired for breech of patient confidentiality.......

That time I dropped a branch and knocked out one of my groundies, I was working for a city council member. They love me and have recommended me to others. I'm not sure I would have.

On a good note from yesterday............. Jeez Paul :(

Where was I.....?

Ah yes... My client yesterday booked a few blocks of days between now and next October :) That felt good.

I'd say we're booked about 2 weeks out. We have a big $15k bid going on right now, along with another $10k to $15k bid, really just waiting for the ok on that one. They want to do it in stages.

I'm booked out into mid November too with about a dozen jobs I can do at my leisure after December 1st.

About 1/2 of my December is booked. But most the bookings are weather and burn day dependent. So I can't say it is solid. I still need to get some plan B back up work lined up to fill in any holes that can happen...

I just sold the last week of November. Now I have to see if folks can wait for me until December. I have about ten or twelve large jobs set aside for winter too. I am excited and stressed. I have stopped giving out winter discounts. I may keep two employees going all winter, a first for me. Snow could change everything around too. I have only left myself three or four open days in November for emergencies or rain outs.

I'm going nuts too, definetly solid til the snow flies now. I'll for sure be going on the trees in some lousy weather this year.

Booked up solid and then some for the rest of the year.
Gonna have to work saturdays a lot to get it all done.
Come november, a former apprentice of mine is going to work with us, that should help some.

Phones have slowed down. Ready for the next wave of ringing. We have had good working weather, which means that trees are not swinging wildly in the wind, prompting phone calls.

Got my chipper leaf spring bracket straightened, now time to visit the mechanic.

Looks like we have some rain on the way... May make for more burning weather and tree concerns. See if the phone rings in the next couple of days. Ran into my customer that works in Alaska. He wants some weeds down... It's fuggin October dude! :lol: Well.... I did get to take down his locust and he wants more brush gone..Guess cutting some grass will be good PR :lol:
Jobs have gotten smaller this year.... :dontknow:

Back