"so....hows bizness"

We get to eat this winter. Hooray!

But Darin...... If you eat this winter how will you rotate the supplies in your portable modular food storage unit? Your roll will get stale.

Got a big job that I'm not sure if I really want. After getting the go ahead, I said "Did I bid it high enough?".

Big maple removal over a house and shop, no bucket access, previously topped, cavities in the trunks.

Lotta rigging. I'm thinking of getting the Belay Spool for this job, and I'll let you know the outcome.

Not doing it until most leaves are down.

I was out until dark bidding today. I am scheduled up until my December jury duty date and then soft scheduled after that.

If I was that booked up at my rates I could eat any dang thing I wanted and not work until spring!

Booked another huge water oak. Split leader some rot on one low almost all bombable short of the fishpole to do over the "shed my dad and I did". Estimates every eve. Found My skidsteer I think New holand with backhoe attatchment and spare motor completly refurbed. Trade for removals...or $$

Landed an insurance inspection clearing job today. I don't agree with the ethics of the inspection requirements. I don't particularly like insurance companies. But they sure can generate work when times are tight. This women I went to see today was going to incur an additional 2500.00 per year for not meeting their compliance parameters on her property for fire clearance. CDF requires 100' of fuel reduction. This company requires 200. Supposedly they can not require more than what the state requires. I guess they can not cancel you for it, but they can charge you more and force you into a no pay cancellation. Not sure, but it sure seems like it. I lucked out on this one as I will also be lifting her cedars to the appropriate clearance over her roof. Some lowering required.
Then a thinning of brush and baby cedars. Easy peasy :D

slow...had to call myself to make sure the phone still works. maybe its the cold making everyone stay inside. Shitty weather, but not bad enough to create carnage.

It was crazy all spring ,summer,and through December for me,its slowed down to nothing at Christmas,only done one job since the 1st,but hey its a good thing i save and penny pinch.

glad to see that I'm not the only one that starts to wander about the phone not working right when times are slow. I'll do the same thing sometimes.

I wish things would slow down here a bit. Ive got the option to work as much OT as I want. But with over 12 sales people, there is no slow in sight.

We are at a record year for snowfall too. Every crew was given a brand new 2 stage snowblower this year, so we could keep working. Without them, we would literally be at a standstill. Snow in most yards is between thigh and waist deep. Id of loved to see the dealer's face when we walked in the door and said we want 6 ass kicking snowblowers! TODAY!

can you say? "Lemme close early!"

Slooooooooooooooooooooowww. Suxs, and the expenses keep piling up. We've been splitting firewood and milling with an Alaska mill trying to keep some future money in the eyes.

Back