Baking Soda & Super Glue

theTreeSpyder

TreeHouser
Baking Soda clean, cheap, basic that is so magical to have for many things,
including as a Super Glue actuator; forming a super hard plastic.
Quicker hardening , no smell and harder than Super Glue itself.
>>cure real quick to over 100 degrees and still noxious just not able to smell type gassing would assume.
Can fill, bond, extend, then drill, file, cut, a real 'lifesaver' in daily activities.
Have also kinda made a fiberglass w/cloth, and other length filler for greater cross/lateral strength and shape.
Maybe not a tree thang but a life thang.
Fault: Doesn't seep deep nor fast into finer cracks so usually spread and super glue them normal clamping hard, then 10secs orr so to dry deep some and Baking Soda over, then can build in layers to proper position and form.
A break on a 90 degree is always bad, but here can build a mound who's outer constitutes a cross member brace at better angle than a 90 and leveraged a mite further out too..;
and just as try to show in rope etc., have a material at given strength applied to such a geometry;
works here so well as the joint can end up stronger than rest in set(corners or other tools) sometimes.
i've had stuff last for years and sometimes break but not break on the fault line later.
Normal, clean, strip, degloss , increase surface area as pre-prep applies.
Popular Mechanics: MythBusters Glue

For those who didn’t know, Dollar Tree and Dollar General sell super glue in a pack of four “single-use” tubes. I find that usually when I go to use it again, it’s plugged the tip and is often unusable. These tiny tubes are perfect for first aid kits.

6D50CC92-92A1-4975-A7EA-0C03DBC0979B.jpeg

They have no cap so I stick a toothpick in the hole if there’s any left. It will last a little while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i keep the Dollar Store stuff around all the time. 1shot willies as shown even open top same so still hang on pegboard until done wit'em
With Baking Soda makes a super hard plastic, super quick. Graphite or even cinnamon said to give more work time than Baking Soda as catalyst.
Can have puddle of Super Glue and separate hill of Baking Soda inches away.
Wet item to extend by dipping in glue, then soda making stalactite build extension in many rounds back and forth, turning some to hook etc. can file etc. if needed. Can go for more time in layering, but usually a fast paced back and forth.
Very nice in plastic, as usually stronger than original piece.
Stuff is incredible don't know ya got solution right there MacGyver-ism.
Super Glue to next level; but no work time and high heat.

Yea, this could be a game changer. I'm not super fond of super glue as-is. My success rate is probably around 50%. This could be super useful for repairing plastic though. The plastic crack repairs is what really got my attention.

Dry dry dry. The humidity gets it. That's why it's so efficient to weld the fingers unexpectingly. I don't even want to think of that in the eyes.
If a drop doesn't want to glue something as quickly as advertuzed, just blow gently on the seem and it sets.

Back