Moonlight Sonata

Beautiful on many levels, through many lenses, not the least of which was Beethoven himself!

Nice find Gerr.

Jomo

Those two are channeling some 'positive energy' 8)
Love the cello...

She's too far from the piano for the show (very nice show by the way). That doesn't look comfortable for her to play like that.
As far as playing, her touch seems to match pretty well at each close-up, for what I can see. But I 'm not a musician.

It seems to be more show than go. The emotion isn't there for that piece of music. It's all hype for the camera. It's good but it doesn't evoke the emotions like a virtuoso would.

I was impressed by the performance, and from an orthopedic point of view, understood why her bench was so far away from the piano......about six inches too far, otherwise without shedding her shoes, workin the three pedals woulda been impossible.......

Never understood what the pedals actually do, but assume it's somewhat vitally important....

I don't think the performance was fake, but I've been fooled many times.

Jomo

I was impressed by the performance, and from an orthopedic point of view, understood why her bench was so far away from the piano......about six inches too far, otherwise without shedding her shoes, workin the three pedals woulda been impossible.......

Never understood what the pedals actually do, but assume it's somewhat vitally important....

I don't think the performance was fake, but I've been fooled many times.

Jomo
Gas, brake, & clutch

They move a felter pad on each set of wires (3 for each note) to either mute the sound and end the note, or let it go as long as possible. I don't know the subtility, but without them, the music turns quickly into a huge mess.

Back