How'd it go today?

I think that's the way our town system works- septic trucks bring the material to the sewage treatment plant and the plant uses alot of wood chips daily in the process of, um, processing. Does that sound right/make sense?

Yup they take several truckloads of chips/day from the wood recycle place which is directly across the street from the sewage treatment plant

In this case, with such quantity, the wood chips should be more an ingredient in the process than a fixed part of the machinery like in the grey water tank.

I had a good day. Put a brisket in the smoker at 11 pm the night before and dozed off around 4 am. Woke up at 6:30 am and caught it while it was stalled. Wrapped it up and got busy doing things around the house. It finished around 11 am which was way earlier than anticipated so I wrapped it in towels and tossed it in a cooler to rest. Went to the bank and Endor’s. Bought some rope and gloves. Came home and messed around with the firewood some more before we all went to dinner at my brother in laws. Brisket wasn’t as tender as I’d like but tasted great. The more I use that smoker the more I realize it’s an art and every time is a learning experience. My father in law just told me to keep practicing and told me he’s gonna bring two more over from his freezer so I can practice again in a month or so😄. Just finished watching some Christmas light thing on the tv and I’m calling it a night. Need sleepy.

RAAAAGE...

My boss showed me a pic of the filson cruiser vest in the catalog, and I've been waiting for it to get on the website. I check the site today, and there's the cruiser vest! Check it out, and there's no back pocket. There probably aren't inside pockets either. Pro tip; if it doesn't have a back pocket, it isn't a cruiser anything. That's the friggin' defining point. I hate filson so much. They used to be awesome, and now it's just lumbersexual poser gear. I'll never get my cruiser vest unless I find a used copy on ebay(at >new price) or something :^S

[/QUOTE]
RAAAAGE...

My boss showed me a pic of the filson cruiser vest in the catalog, and I've been waiting for it to get on the website. I check the site today, and there's the cruiser vest! Check it out, and there's no back pocket. There probably aren't inside pockets either. Pro tip; if it doesn't have a back pocket, it isn't a cruiser anything. That's the friggin' defining point. I hate filson so much. They used to be awesome, and now it's just lumbersexual poser gear. I'll never get my cruiser vest unless I find a used copy on ebay(at >new price) or something :^S
The middle photo jacket has a rear pocket.

Attachments

• 3B07BD20-6981-456D-AEFF-73CE65E24B17.png
    3B07BD20-6981-456D-AEFF-73CE65E24B17.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
I didn’t do a good job and we didn’t have enough lights but it was fun decorating for Christmas in the saddle. Sure beats a ladder.

Next year I’ll do some of the 120-130’ trees behind the house.

Attachments

• 3D45A9AA-9465-4DF5-9583-ECDC8C9929E2.jpeg
    3D45A9AA-9465-4DF5-9583-ECDC8C9929E2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 99B15894-9343-40B9-A981-0BA9DED2E961.jpeg
    99B15894-9343-40B9-A981-0BA9DED2E961.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
The tree looks great! I was just thinking tonight how it would be fun to light up the top of the pin oak or locusts for the wtf factor of people seeing it, but I think I'm too lazy and cheap to actually do it.

I think that vest description is a mistake. They probably pulled up a description from back when they didn't suck, and reused it. Looking on the desktop site, it doesn't mention a rear pocket, and I can't see one in the pics.

Does that log work well?
Sorry, I missed this. When they're absolutely dry, it works fantastic. My tarp disintegrated, so this isn't as dry as it could be, but it worked pretty well. I went in while it was still going, but I think I'll have slightly bigger pieces than usual left. They'll go in the wood stove once we've had a dry spell, and they aren't too wet.

This is spruce. It's either one of the pieces from my property, or one I took down down from the office. It's a real good use for the wood since this is hardwood country. It's a fun way to burn without wasting the good wood.

If you aren't familiar with Swedish candles, what makes them cool is it keeps the fire contained, and gives you a cooking surface to cook on in the back country. In a camping situation, you probably won't have a chainsaw to cut kerfs like I did, so you'd split a round with an axe, then set the pieces back up with spaces between them. I put pine needles on top with some twigs and light it. It'll then burn down into the gaps and become self sustaining. With spruce, that'll give you ~45 minutes of cooking time before the top gets too sketchy to hold a pot. I imagine hardwoods would last longer.

Thanks for the detailed response :rockhard:

They sell those at Depot btw, fwiw.

Yea, I'm pretty stoked. I need to sharpen it better, then wait for the wood to dry to see what happens, but it's basically ready to go.

Computer works. It's better than my other laptops I don't use, so it's a decent upgrade. It was a lawyer's computer. They helpfully put the login password on a postit next to the touchpad, and didn't wipe the harddrive, so there's legal stuff on there. Piss poor security. I'm gonna wipe the drive and install debian or bunsenlabs.

Back