How'd it go today?

Exciting day today. Diesel rolled off its chocks and Down my driveway first thing this morning. Smashed the wifes rosemary. Big rocks stopped it though.
No harm to truck. Just sprigs of rosemary here and there in the under carraige.
Worked. Got paid. Getting ready to run to the valley for the lift for tomorrow. 1/2 way there. Truck on fire. Exhaust pipe came apart and started the wood bed on fire. Then the crates of oil. I got in the back and chucked the crates out into the road. Extiquished the wood with water I had on board. T owed it home. Lost some gear. Pair of climbing boots. All my throw lines. Some wedges. Odds and ends. Most the gear it never touched. I had fuel cans. Rigging and climbing gear. The winch. Saws. All saved.
Fire dept dumped a bunch of water on it to be sure.
Truck is ok. Im ok.
Should have it all fixed tomorrow. Just have order some stuff.
My buddy Frank says my truck is suicidal.

Last edited:
Exciting day today. Diesel rolled off its chocks and DC own my driveway first thing this morning. Smashed the wifes rosemary. Big rocks stopped it though.
No harm to truck. Just sprigs of rosemary here and there in the under carraige.
Worked. Got paid. Getting ready to run to the valley for the lift for tomorrow. 1/2 way there. Truck on fire. Exhaust pipe came apart and started the wood bed on fire. Then the crates of oil. I got in the back and chucked the crates out into the road. Extiquished the wood with water I had on board. T owed it home. Lost some gear. Pair of climbing boots. All my throw lines. Some wedges. Odds and ends. Most the gear it never touched. I had fuel cans. Rigging and climbing gear. The winch. Saws. All saved.
Fire dept dumped a bunch of water on it to be sure.
Truck is ok. Im ok.
Should have it all fixed tomorrow. Just have order some stuff.
My buddy Frank says my truck is suicidal.
Fug, just another day in the office I guess...Sheez.

Laidout a house and some property corners. Boring day, but I saw a persimmon tree on the way back to the office, and it was *loaded* with fruit. Kinda late I think, but I bet they were amazing. They're best after the first frost, and have a touch of fermentation going on. I was gonna turn around and get some, but it was kinda in someone's front yard. I'm 99% sure it was a wild tree, and it was in the RoW, but I'd have felt weird picking fruit. They probably don't even want it. I can't imagine why they'd leave so many glorious fruits on the tree if they did.

Road trip with the baby crane today, 110 miles round trip. Clogged up the MassPike on the hills. :lol: Set an effluent tank filled with wood chips. Weird septic system near a lake. Had 24,779 at 45', load was 24,329. :/: Lots of wires, and a steep setup. I think we only had about 86' of boom out. Walking on the loose side on the driveway was like sliding on ice.

20221122_104306.jpg 20221122_095335.jpg 20221122_095345.jpg

Dave, are you sure it was wood chips?! I have plastic chips in mine for aerobic bacteria to cling to. An air pump delivers the air. I’ve just never heard of using wood chips but I’m not a master septic installer either.

I had a Grove day too, took out 4 large pines rear of house, finished early:rockhard:

Those cranes are mind bending with their mass and power.

Inspection sticker says August. I think it might be a little older.

ETA: oldest pic I have is July 14. I think it was delivered that day.

We have established weather with a stable negative temperature. In the coming days, the temperature will drop to -10 * C. I have just returned from a store where I bought boots made of natural wool, gloves made of natural wool and a balaclava, also made of wool, for my partner who works on the ground. In general, everything is made of wool) C2FE3A94-CE83-4706-8A05-342ADBB1CF55.jpeg

Back