How'd it go today?

Forgot. Got startled this morning when I was feeding the outside cats. Got ready to open the door, and something really big appeared in front of the door. A deer went by, 4' away. Came around the corner of the house I guess. Kinda cool.

Spot left me a dead vole in the driveway I saw when I got home from work. Probably wants to reaffirm her value in our arrangement. Driving the boss' F150. He's little, and the backseat's full of shit, so I can't adjust the seat, and I'm driving with my knees around my ears :^S I'll have to fix that if it's gonna be my truck for awhile...

I have a female Groundy that I consider mentally handicapped.. she didn’t show up yesterday as apparently she and her boyfriend got kicked out of their motel room.. this morning she calls me and says she is going to be an hour or so late as where they are staying is further away?.. I told her not to bother coming in and she blew up my texts explaining how she needs to work so bad...
we went to a job where we had to set up on the neighbors driveway.. super tight getting up their driveway. Had to use the crab steering on the crane back the chipper in with pickup. Got all setup and ready to roll and then the neighbor decides the chipper is too noisy so we had to leave?

I am so ready to sell this business

. Got all setup and ready to roll and then the neighbor decides the chipper is too noisy so we had to leave?

That, Sir, is a shitty fookin day!

Sounds like a bit of Covid Crazy re the neighbor. I've had a fair amount of that lately, especially involving neighbors. I guess I have a story a lot like that-

Storm blows big leader from a custy's tree onto neighbors garage roof, custy calls me for it and I was too buried with storm work from good regular custy's to do this job which, given that there's a big leader on neighbor's roof, presumably needs immediate attention. I tell him such.

Weirdly, a month later, custy calls and asks Can you do it now? I say um yes and go over right away to see this month-old sh*t still on top of neighbor's garage, btw it's a million $ house., go figure. So I say I'll do it 2 days from now, and will take down the remainder of the tree too, need neighbor's driveway for the crane and trucks. 20 emails later we are all set too go. We arrive at 7.15am as fully and completely discussed. There are 2 cars in the way in neighbor's driveway:X. We back up the bucket to garage and I ask my guy Jesse who is good with people to knock on the door and ask em to move the cars please so crane can get in and set up. Neighbor comes out looking pissed, moves one car and starts giving my guys shit, I walk over and say Hi, what's up. Guy says he didn't know we were coming etc. I say this job was set up with 50 emails, how could you not know? He says I didn't see any emails! I say your neighbor didn't email you about this???? He says Only texts.:?:/::|:. Says I need to see your insurance Cert. I say I'd be happy to have one emailed to you when they open at 9am. He says you aren't working until I see the IC. I say if you wanted an IC, why didn't you request one before we arrived? Shit goes downhill from there, I start trembling, I say That's It, We Are Out of Here. I walk over to the bucket to drive out of his driveway and now he realizes the big limb is about to sit on his roof yet longer. He says ok ok you can send it later. I say out my window No Way. He says You Asshole. I say F*CK YOU! We re-hook up our trailers etc and leave. I text the custy, who seems like a normal nice guy, and say We will not be doing your job cuz your neighbor is a f*cking asshole. We take the crane to the next job and have a fine day. I ask my crew and the crane op was I out of line, don't lie. They all said I wasn't, the neighbor was a complete prick but they say I should hope he doesn't leave some lame ass scathing google review. He didn't.:drink:

Last edited:
Fook axhole fuddermuckers.

Getting mad enough to start trembling sucks. For me getting mad enough to tremble and then my elbows start tingling really sucks. That's only happened a couple of times.

On the subject of reviews; does anyone take them seriously? Some people are just idiots, and complain about the dumbest shit, including misusing the $thing, or clearly not following directions. If there's 10 reviews out of 15 saying cory's a dick and can't do treework, I might take notice, but the occasional bad review's just chaff. I don't give it any attention.

Getting mad enough to start trembling sucks. For me getting mad enough to tremble and then my elbows start tingling really sucks. That's only happened a couple of times.

Gotta love it!! 8)

Sheesh. It's stories like these that remind me how nice it is to be (almost entirely) retired!!
Cory, I think I would have handled it the same way.

Yeah, everyday, you never know what you're going to get. Hey 98.75% of the time, all works out great, but yeah, things can get cuckoo

Problem is most people only review when they are pissed off. People who are happy just assume that’s how it should be and rightfully so, but don’t bother to leave a review. I toss out the low and high and look at the middle reviews.

My day went well. Went up to Cleveland to do a tree one of our guys wasn’t comfortable with. No biggie
9DBD1BE8-0971-4283-8580-372B37F2652B.jpeg
well it was doable but I’m contacting PUCO about this. Hard to tell from the pic but it’s 4” diameter at the primaries. Took me less than an hour but I really shouldn’t be dealing with this shit. No one should. If these trees were maintained this wouldn’t happen. The. Went back and got some cabling supplies that I forgot to order for a few jobs. Paid a bit much but I need it. Clocked out at noon. Had to take the wife to get her shot. NO I DIDNT HAVE HER PUT DOWN! Degenerative disk. Let me tell you she’s been a treat to deal with since then. Kids played in a leaf pile, I got them fed and bathed. They are now fighting bedtime. Hoping they pass out soon. I still need to make sure I have everything I need for stepping back into a foreman’s position for a few days. Basically just making sure I have all my gear ready for battle

I took a red oak down a couple of weeks ago that had about 12’ of overhang over the primaries. Had about 20’ of guard sleeve out on the hot wire just in case I brushed it. Didn’t even come close. Had a really high rigging point to swing it around.

Used a pruner with a “fuse link” for some of it. Fast cutting 201tc for most. I might have encroached on my MAD a few times. I was aware of it and knew what I was dealing with.

Oak removal, sucker pruned six more oaks, and a canopy raise on a birch. I have to come back for the stump Friday.

Truck is running smooth but still blow white smoke on initial start up in the morning. I have an 1/8 of a tank run since the ATF hopefully it will work.

Back