How'd it go today?

Pretty sunset. I'd love to see your nighttime sky out there. I see pictures of dense stars, but haven't seen them myself in decades, and I'm certain it wasn't as many as you have.

The Gehl is handy for more than tree work...the Boxer couldn’t lift it. It was all the Gehl wanted. 1585#.

8D626F58-C888-4823-A3DC-C603F56AD241.jpeg

Last edited:
Boss had stuff to do, so I didn't do much of my real job. Gale force winds, so that made outside stuff a bit less fun. I did get a bunch of the poplar I split on pallets. I've moved some of that wood four times now. Good thing I'm not getting paid for it, or I'd be broke :^D

Feeling pretty good about the poplar. That'll be "nice" wood for the boss' girlfriend, and still won't be a waste since poplar isn't great firewood for heating. I've been giving her junky stuff for the most part. Saving the good wood for inside burning, either by me, or a person I don't yet know of. I have years of wood on my property, so I'm not sure why I'm making a big deal about it. I tend to obsess over maximizing resources, even when it doesn't entirely make sense :^/

Got my fall arrest harness today. I still need to get it figured out for fit. It has more "stuff" than my tree harness, but I think it'll workout well for my intended purposes. More compact than I expected, so that'll make my 5G bucket storage idea even easier. Just need to figure out which rope I'll dedicate to the truck, and get the accessories together for a cut down climbing kit...

IMG_20201102_164914.jpg

It doesn't appear to have an expiration. Nothing on the harness itself, and the instructions only mention inspection for degradation, or if the fall arrest indicators have been deployed(remove from service).

Feeling cold today, right around 40 with a howling wind. Got home & started a fire, laid out my yoga mat to stretch. Just woke up an hour and a half later! Yoga, so relaxing, but maybe im doing it wrong?

Got off work early, and decided to finally measure how long my rope ends were. Here's my notes...

Mercury 59'
KM3 96'
Orange/ 98'
Orange solid 161'
green 189'
20201103_114531.jpg

As you can see, the only names I remembered were the KM3(my line I use all the time) and the Mercury. I got everything but the Mercury for $75 from CMCPro. The Mercury was in a bag of ends from TreeStuff. I think I did amazingly well. Hell, the green's hard to even call an "end". Pretty sure that's just "rope".

I'm thinking I'll use the KM3 as my truck rope since it's familiar, and start using the orange/ as my main line. Assuming it isn't weird for some reason anyway.

Woke up with a sore chest today. Kind of like a pulled muscle or something. Not up for anything strenuous, but I might pick some sticks up in the yard.

edit:
Went out to pickup some sticks, and the irritating neighbor was out with a blower, and blowing leaves onto my property. They came from my trees, and I don't really care. It makes me happy he had to do some work, even if it was being lazy with a blower. Got me thinking about what I could plant that would really make a mess. I bet he'd like some sweetgum along the property line. Nice tall trees to to worry about, and "ZOMG GUMBALLS!!!" every year :^D

Last edited:
Back