How'd it go today?

That Valley Storm Shelter video is good. It would be easy to buy one that looks plenty strong and find out otherwise. Looks like you got a good one.

Good one!
Relatives' neighbor's house was down to the foundation and storm room after a tornado.

Relatives house was ok, 1/8 -1/4 mile away.

I had the apple to clean up or the locust to climb. Kinda felt like being on the ground today, so I did the apple. There's still a bunch of little stuff I need to process for kindling, but it's pretty much done. I need to roll the log on a base to get ready for milling, but my cant hook's at work.

Left a small pile(largish kindling size) near the property line, and I'm hoping my neighbor steals it :^D He cut down all his trees, and has a fire pit, so I think I'm almost his sole source of wood. I wouldn't care if they weren't irritating. Nice enough, but irritating. It would also be nice if he asked. Trying not to be petty about it, and in the end it'll help me too, Getting overrun with wood here.

Hiding in the house tonight. It's too weird for halloween, and I don't feel like dealing with it. Are kids coming? Are parents gonna be weird? Too many variables to hassle with, so I'm unfortunately gonna skip it.

Jusr got back from trick or treat and trunk or treat. Kids had fun. Hopefully they can hang out with friends more being teenagers next year. Always fun to watch the lil munsters around town. Most the stores stayed open and hsnded out candy like usual.

Haven't done squat today. Just lit a fire. It isn't all that cold out, but it's humid, and I have a bit of a chill. Brought a bunch of blueprints home from the office from old jobs. I use it as a paper starter for fires since newspaper has become scarce. I have a hard time using them though. A single job can represent hundreds of hours of my work, and the plans are full of notes and comp numbers I used to do the job. They aren't good for anything anymore, but it feels like burning a child :^D

Back