How'd it go today?

This is a newer harrow than ours.. But see the teeth? We had it teeth up protecting sumtin from animals... Rob "forgot" it was in the field (basically did not walk his route IMO) and ran over the teeth with one side of the truck...

Thanks for the JUJU recipes guys.. I know the virgin might come in handy.. Maybe a three some is in order :D I'll get Katy right on it....:lol:
harrow_3.JPG

Driving over one is what is known as " a harrowing experience", especially if it's upside down.

Cursed, good pic of the harrow, we use one like that at my wife's barn to level out the riding ring on the weekends, drug by an ATV though, its a hoot, ESPECIALLY when its nice and dusty out :|:

Two of three saws working now. Combination of issues with the one I finished. Carburetor, ignition/plug wire and a fuel line. Good thing for parts saws ;) The retired donor just happened to have a new carb and fuel line installed before she died :D. The ignition module was in fine shape... Keep stripping this one down and putting a new P&C on it to replace one won't be too bad. I think the 350 P&C might fit the 345 also. What say ye?

There are all kinds of implements termed "Harrows " Disc harrows,spring tooth harrows .The pic behind Curseds' tractor is a spike tooth harrow .

More modern ones might be termed "Danish tine" or field cultivaters .The latter is used in what's called minimum tillage farming operations instead of using the traditional plow .

Studied some for CA exam coming up end of this month. :\:

Found some new tires for my Wrangler and I'll have them put on next week.8)

Looked for some new climbing boots with no success.

Learned a couple things from some cool guys on a forum called THE TREEHOUSE. ;)

Not feeling so sore after having yesterday off.
Pretty good day all in all.

The last of the family reunions was today.It went well .

I had to go back in the crawl space because for reasons unknown half the telephones went on the blink and just assumed I had inadvertently torn a wire loose or something .

It turned out not to be the case.It was the cheap wiring devices the cable company had used when I changed over to voice over IP phone service .

Cleaned up some grindings this morning, so I can send a bill to one of last weeks job. The grinder hit a burryed 5' steel pry bar.

It's very hot and humid here today, so other than that I jumped in the lady's pool, now I'm just hanging.

The last few days have been good. Yesterday I completed the first end of my rope that I'm going to sent to get break tested. Testing some Neo-Pro, going to see if my splice holds up to specs.

Today has been going well also. Went and helped on a few bids, climbed a small Ash Tree to inspect it for EAB. Shows all the symptoms of EAB, but no exit holes yet.

Got to break in that Velocity I bought from Paul. Really liked the feel of that rope.

The rest of today will be spent either working on the other break test splice, homework, and cleaning my room.

Stephan I think the 345 is a Polaun saw, I don't think the jug off the 350 will be anything close. I KNOW you can swap between a 346, 350 and 353, but I think the 345 is a bird of another feather.

Came home from vacation this morning. Left early in the AM and beat all the retard traffic. Beat the GPS estimate by 27 minutes on a 3 hour, 15 minute trip. Took a nice nap to recover from vacation.

I am looking further into the specs Andy as Baileys is showing the same number for the crankcase for the 340, 345 and 350. I seem to remember the 345 being not a Poulan thing but I could have been misled. I know a lot here would think of the 345 as a POS but I have not had many issues with them. They get brutalized for 3 years in the brush and retired. By then the compression is the issue. And they buck up to 16" with all get out. Good balance of weight and power in the brush.....

Was messing with the 460 (Husky) today as it has been flooding out just sitting in the truck. Looks like it has several issues. I need to find a fuel leak and I don't have the line tester yet. Might have a leak in the carb too. So I will just check this one in the shop with what I have found wrong and let them have at it. It's the one I bought like new from a customer. But I think her idea of how long she had it in storage is maybe a bit off and I might have a diaphragm issue. All out of good (sorta new) carbs I can test with.:|: Guess I should just order a new one anyway for back up :D

I can't say it's not Stephan, I just don't think it is. If it is, screw the 350 P/C, get the 346xpne or 353 P/C and open it up a bit!
And BTW, I LOVE the 350 Husky! I had a 346xp, modded it three times, never could get it right, finally got drunk one night and tore down my three year old 350 and modded it. The 350 cut and cuts circles around any 50cc saw I've come across!

I'm off to play chess with my 10 year old. I beat him earlier today and he wants a rematch. Wish me luck!

Enjoyed a hike this morning in country I haven't spent a whole lot of time in. Just South of Crater Lake I came across a fire line at the end of a road so I hiked out a ways and got into the burn. Found all kinds of elk sign and this incredible little oasis in the middle of the burn. This was last years burn and already the ferns and fir seedlings are popping up by the thousands. Then there was this wet spot where a creek came bubbling up out of the ground, the only thing burned in there was where burning snags fell into it. The second pic was a hollow fir that broke out 50' up

Attachments

• union peak 019.jpg
    union peak 019.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 78
  • union peak 024.jpg
    union peak 024.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 77
  • union peak 029.jpg
    union peak 029.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 77
  • union peak 030.jpg
    union peak 030.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 79
  • union peak 016.jpg
    union peak 016.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 78
Nice pics Willie. I cut some almond firewood today at a neighbor's orchard. Then went and had chicken soup at my parent's and sat out in front of their building with my Dad and another old guy and shot the bull for about a hour or so. Those guys are hilarious.

Back