How'd it go today?

I/we finished our bathroom remodel. My suggestion is if you want to test your marriage is to remodel your bathroom. Still married, but damn do tempers fly. Not worth the process, hire that shit out. Back to boring tree work for the rest of the week. I have an interesting tree this week I’ll take a pic or two. It’s a big ish hung up ash.
Tell me about it... remodeled the upstairs bathroom for the second time since we moved in '95. Looks good but what a pain. I'm too cheap to hire that stuff out so I did it all myself, except the painting... wifey did that.

Problem with contractors is that an average bathroom will cost between 15-35k and the 15k job will require a plumber and electrician to redo what the contractor either did himself or paid the plumber from Harry’s Hobos Home Services to do for a whopping $300.00

You can’t win. Either way, it’s painful.

Rain here too. Pretty much canceled a week of work. Winds blowing fierce today. Supposed to get a break by Thursday.
I'll use today to run to Fresno and pick up the new Hydro pump for the mini. Then light a fire under a machinists ass to finish fixing the drive pulley.

A new foot! :^P

I've seen that before but can't quite put my finger on what it's called. Ganglionic cyst? Is that a thing?

I don't know.
Searches of Ganglion cyst came up with size being between a dime & quarter. This is about 1/2 a tennis ball or so.

I'm guessing I may have irritated the elbow with a hard chair arm while playing a marathon fiddle session & watching several movies. I get to concentrating on sound & sight and don't always pay the best attention to other things. :|:

Last edited:
I have my 2003 Grand Prix in the shop to replace a catalytic converter that was probably 8 years old. Mechanic calls me and says he car was just as loud when they installed it and upon further investigation found a crack in the resonator. I ask if it was even the catalytic to begin with and he says for sure it was. I guess the resonator cracked at the same time?

Funny, my doctor said he would order an MRI for my fukked shoulder. That didn't happen, but in my head I thought at least I can trust my mechanic.

It's a common thing apparently, to have to hound the doctor for an MRI because they notoriously get lost. Bullshit. I know it was low priority but honesty is so rare these days it's easier to lie and get me out the door. I'm too stubborn to hound anyone for something they said they'd do so I'll hope my shoulder wasn't completely torn and heals in the next year or so.

If the bill for the car is too much I'll just tell him to keep the POS. Rant over.

It's a common thing apparently, to have to hound the doctor for an MRI

Not around here. Seems they always want to keep the machines running. $$$$
If not MRI then they want to Xray something or other a couple times a year...
What's common in my experience is keeping them from hounding me.

Went into work today. Still feeling pretty trashed. Took forever getting to sleep last night. I slept > 24hr Sun night-Tues morning, and it caught up to me. Did a couple easy jobs, and I got to use my Chinese peanut prism I ordered from amazon, Comparing the string mount on that to the string mount on another Chinese version, there's ~.004' discrepancy in them :rollseyes: I need to check everything out closer to see which, where, and how much error is in the Chinesium. It isn't anything too egregious to use, but it's lame when your machines can't cut stuff right. I prefer to be the one to introduce error. I don't want it inherent in my tools.

Keep your eye on it Fidd. A good buddy who lives in FL, his elbow swelled like that, was never sure what caused it, possibly a spider bite?, but it got out of control, his arm was in jeopardy, he had to go in for a month straight every morning to get intravenous antibiotics. He's good now btw.

Back