How'd it go today?

Why did they leave Germany.

Just seaching for that pot of gold or for religious reasons?

Got done drilling before the rain hit. Corded 1/2" drive for 5/8" rods, and battery for the 3/8" EHS. Wedge-Grips on, as rain loomed, drizzle as I was taking out the MA rigging. Rain on descent.

Clay soil and/ or compaction, in part from dog and Chuck-it... standing water on a sloped lawn. Care required not to rut it, and make a mud pit from dragging 4 tarps of brush.

Home for a few, then a Viola lesson for D, in her Cozy Corner, and a bit of shop time for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20201119_100313940.jpg
    IMG_20201119_100313940.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
Drove to the saw shop, picking up the corpse of my echo blower. Ended up coming home with a new one, cause sweeping sawdust sucks! Finished a book in front of the woodstove, really feeling wintery these days

Good times.

Damp, but good.

Just cleaned my gutters... The rinse cycle started a bit too soon 😋

Attachments

• 1605833625076-1460743464.jpg
    1605833625076-1460743464.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Yesterday I was at the top of an oak, trimming it for good neighborhood relationships. Suddenly, came a heavy rain with a strong wind out of nowhere.
I felt like in a dish machine. Usually, I don't mind much the wind if I have a good TIP, but here I had my both climb lines chocked on a tiny leaning axis (regrowth from a heavy toping 20 years ago). It didn't last long, but it crept me out and ended the day.

Jesus that is a fine looking knife8):drink:

It's lines and look remind me of a Sodbuster by Case, I believe.

Seems like most hobby knife makers make fixed blades, that is serious craftsmanship to make a folder.

Logged in to pay my gas/electric bill today, and found I don't owe anything. Must have misread last month's bill, cause I thought I'd owe something. I prepay my bill in $500 increments. Gives me the convenience of autopay without giving anyone access to my account. I think this has been my most frugal year so far.

8Kp8g88.png

Noticed the consignment shop has a loop of 33RS for $12. I have a bunch of chain, but $12! I think I'm gonna pass, but it's difficult...

I’ve got chain I’ll barter with if someone can get me STIHL and Husqvarna compression release plugs from Jacks small engine ... Price from local STIHL dealer 18.99 + tax apiece !!$ I’m tempted to get some stock and fire up the bench lathe for that amount of coin !

I do have loops of .325 STIHL but not sure if .063 ... came off ms 290 before I switched to 3/8

Just checked chart it IS .325 .063 ... loops in 16,18,20 ... like I said I switched everything to 3/8 .05 chassis for grinding ease

If it's Stihl, I'm pretty sure it'll be .063. I don't think they make it in any other gauge. Are they any good?

90% life left in them ... I’m doing firewood I’ll take a pic of them when I get a minute

Back