How'd it go today?

Went to farmers market with a truckload of cauliflower. Good day with Thanksgiving coming. Probably last day for this year.

Give a bunch away and it keeps for quite a while. Don't have enough to make another trip, but probably send some with a friend who will be going for a while.

Yesterday my daughter's bike didn't want to start. The bike was awake but nothing at all came from the starter circuit. She will need it absolutely tuesday and can't bring it to the repair shop. So I went on board, digging internet and doing some troubleshooting. Looking at it this morning, I got a giant smile from her when the motor started by shortening the starter relay. Finally I found the culprit : a stupid switch on the clutch lever had a dirty connector. A shot of brake cleaner , a little care, and Vrop !8)
That makes her day.
Mine too.:D

Even though the cobbler's kids have no shoes, they still need them.

After a morning of sitting around watching things on a screen, I decided to jump into some work around the yard. Ultimately, decided I needed to prune a big elm at my house, which needs a cable and brace or two. I realized that a large inclusion had a crack, but had grown since. Could have been a season of growth after last years snow-mageddon. Its greatly reduced. Scared the house with cut and chuck, but no big deal. Just scared.

Anyone else leave a stub when you hang a piece off two slings with a 'biner, then pull up the piece and hang the piece on the stub, by a fork, so you can piece it into throwing size pieces?

I had three 24" slings connected on one piece, I was able to pull it up and hang the lowest sling on the stub, and cut it in two pieces to throw each from over the roof.

Yup. I also like using my second lanyard and throwing hook, just toss it in a crotch and pull it tight before cutting. Easier to undo to toss too. I'm tranquilized sloth slow, so every little bit helps :lol:

Little golf course work today.

Cut up a fallen/dead lead in the back fairway so it can be dragged away with a tractor, slight canopy raise on 2 Sugar Maples w/pole saw, then some small trimming away from fence of three white pines...loaded it all on a trailer and dumped it out in the brush pile.

Trailered six golf carts form the course to my place and stored them in the pole barn for the Winter.

Topped it off with a nice dinner my Sister invited over me to share.
Very enjoyable day.

Slightly overkill, no? Or was it for the longer reach to get over the rocks? Lol yeah they might be the second most versatile piece of equipment out there, after the backhoe of course! They have 3 of those, that size or bigger, in the creek behind my house covering a huge (4-6') concrete sewer line with rip rap.

That was part of the search for an Alzheimer's patient. What you see there is actually mud. We needed to launch the boat at a certain point near where they thought the man had possibly killed himself and might be in the river. There was no boat ramp and we drove around following the State Patrol for over an hour as he tried to find a boat ramp where we could access that part of the river. No luck. We returned to the scene in question and noticed the excavator and asked the farmer if he could help us get the boat in the water. He was happy to. He actually used that excavator to dig his own boat ramp but it was all mud and dirt and no trucks could get down there. So he helped us strap up and insert the boat in the water. I sent a picture of that as we did it to our FEMA manager who assigns our Dive Team missions. His only reply was "ok". He admitted later he was pretty concerned it it was not going to work and we would have a big mess on our hands. We used sonar to search the area in question but did not find the man. Some kayakers found him down stream a few days later.

And the boss is right... That was the only excavator available so we took what we could get.

My grandfather's brother in law made him a set of saddle bags years ago.

At the time his brand was a D slash B on the left hip.

His initials were of course RC.

Richard boys grandpa gave him the bags a couple months ago...but the rawhide lace between the two halves was rotten.

I figured out it was a "whip" stitch.

Fixed em tonight.

Made by Bud and Sylvia's Leather Goods

Chinook Montana

Last edited:
Back