Tree felling vids

Plus you're using another guy full time to lug you around the tree. Seems wack to me but I may be missing something.

And what's with that crane? Is it for sign guys?

Didn't PC tree say there were some guys in his hood who used a crane as a man lift only, perhaps not realizing the leader picking ability?

Last edited:
Dude, I couldn’t even watch that. The very fact that that video was in time-lapse, COMPLETELY redefines the term, “painfully slow.” Poor blokes.

With my luck the operator would mess with me and just go up and down as fast as he could while i screamed like a little girl and crapped myself :lol:

Lol I'm buddies with some of them, and yes they would hhhahahahahaha. There's a signal where you do a cable up sign, but have two fingers from the other hand underneath it. It's called "cable up, you are on my buddy" 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm such a smartass when a very good friend accidently pinned my leg against a ditch with a pipe (gently mind you, not broken or anything), i regained my composure and calmly have that signal to him. He was pissed for a bit, and we've been very close ever since :lol: He would love the chance to mess with me after that!

My guess he was a logger not a climber. Or at least a climber not used to Broadleaf trees.

Not a bad idea using the crane as a TIP but to just be on the short sling as opposed to a climbing rope, lead me to the conclusion above.

Contraindicated, my friend. If he was a logger, first choice would ALWAYS be fell at the ground level. Ask me how I know :D.

Yep.
Would have been a 10 minute job to shoot a line in that tree and fell it.

Contraindicated, my friend. If he was a logger, first choice would ALWAYS be fell at the ground level. Ask me how I know :D.

;)

Bad choice of words on my part. I guess I meant climber / logger. Or some one who is used to climbing straight poles and not familiar with climbing a large open crown.

It should have been flopped from the ground. Maybe there was services or a thin layer of asphalt. Or they didn’t want to clean 10million pieces up after it exploded on impact.

Whatever the reason it was a strangle way use a crane.

Last edited:

Attachments

• stump memorial.jpg
    stump memorial.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Dunno. When you're 63, doing exactly what you want to do for 63 years in the same place, getting kicked out is a bit much to deal with. He was inextricably tied to that particular piece of land. It's like losing everything you are.

He probably had everything just the way he wanted it after decades of work and toil out there in the middle of nowhere. They offered him a different middle of nowhere. He said nah, FU

not much of a hinge there.. maybe none if you look closely and pause it at the stump. He may have known he didn't need a hinge but maybe he doesn't know any better and simply made a clueless cut.

Back