Tree felling vids

Agreed, but the question is did he know that? and if so what was his reason for taking out either the whole hinge or so close to the whole hinge. To me, it looks like he didn't know any better.

Hinge was there, stub with no head lean, thin it out and gut it then pull. Kerplop

My PC doesn't want to read the vid but I can see the half-hinges in both Murphy's screen shots. The trunk is literally falling apart, I don't know if a thicker hinge would have been useful. Even more, I wouldn't like to find that one side is less punky than the other and pulls the trunk sideway during the fall, or makes the trunk dislocate with the pull.

I guess from now on we all have to bring in a skid steer and set a 4" thick hinge for dumping something that is basically a high stump.

I think I'll pass on that and stick with my gutted hinge cut down to 2 stamp sized pieces in the corners.

He did know the shot was dangerous ... big , heavy , and the ground HAD TO let it run to not get hurt. (Though he did know he had two fractures later too)

Geeze, I thought he'd cut something at first, where his saw ended up it could have. Bad enough though, nasty.
Adrenaline must have been pumping for him to start the saw and also release his hand ascender while saying his wrist was broken!

Back