Tree felling vids

The intro to his vid about waiting for his ride and normally would take sn Uber wuth his explanation it was sealed the deal with me. That and tearing cuts on every cut for icing.

Yeah I hear y'all, and I chimed in similarly, above.

But was thinking a bit more about this topic, especially in light of continued listening to this excellent book and I figure he's just like any of the rest of us, struggling with stuff like we all do, to one degree or another

Last edited:
The uber thing doesn't sound exceptional to me for a tradesman. Happens to whitecollar people too, but they generally have more money/resources to get around it. It would raise some flags, but if he was a good treeguy, it would be worth dealing with.

Yea, I saw that. I also some tree cuts that looked like they were awfully close to his lines, with potential to cut through them. I'd have retired the lines with the amount of fraying I saw, but I'm pretty conservative.

Um, jumping back on board, I strongly dislike the way he seems to prefer tattered lines and untaped rope ends.

Yes, he retired a sling in the vid but from what I've seen, his regularly used stuff is rife with significant nicks.

On my very first day as a fitter, they asked how many divorces and duis i had, when i said none they then asked what i was doing there :lol: In the trades it's so common they even have a thing called "they come as a pair." That's when one guy has no license but lives by a buddy who gives him rides, so they hire in and lay off together :lol:

It's a toss up for me. Travor sucks but I think Human is fairly close behind. It amazes me that they can have such a huge online following and still be fairly poor. Even when they've made quite big mistakes there seems to be a tonne of comments about how good they are and everyone else who disagrees don't know chit

You never know till you try.

But yes, what you describe reminds me of the tree service reality shows on Discovery Channel. I pretty much eat up all things tree work related yet I couldnt stand to watch those things.

I am most obviously missing something vital in understanding the situation...but to me, I can see no reason why I could not have felled that tree directly towards the camera...have it on the ground and busted into a hundred rotten pieces, in less that 5 minutes.

So what am I not seeing?

My guess he was a logger not a climber. Or at least a climber not used to Broadleaf trees.

Not a bad idea using the crane as a TIP but to just be on the short sling as opposed to a climbing rope, lead me to the conclusion above.

Back