The Official Deer Season 2010 Thread

:thumbup: I cant remember the type mount they call that when just using skull. I measured a Ohio big buck for a guy that was mounted like that.

They found 3 nice bucks locked up and dead here in Ohio this rut so far. First time I seen 3 together dead :X.

If I can find the pic I was sent I will fix it to post here.

Mother nature isnt always nice. About a hour from my place in the southern part of Ohio.

What a waste of 3 nice ones at 1 time :cry:

user7982_pic2705_1290527770.jpg user7982_pic2710_1290527974.jpg user7982_pic2707_1290527770.jpg user7982_pic2709_1290527864.jpg .

The cold spell has them moving good now. This one just taken by a friend in southern Ohio. ;)

Copy of Daves 11 point 002.jpg Copy of Daves 11 point 006.jpg

Nice bucks there! The cold didn't have them moving here like I thought it would. I saw two young bucks this morning, then saw the same two right at dark.

I wish I could hunt deer in December.

Where do you get your beetles Willie?
I will be doing something similar with my bear skull but have never done so and don't know where to get the bugs.

Theres a few guys in town with them, trying to track one down now. You can buy them online, dermistad beetles or something like that. I boiled skulls before, this will be the first time trying the beetles, supposed to be a better product as they say the fat can stain the skull yellow. Messy job too. Call a local taxidermist and ask if they have beetles, if not they may tell you who does

A friend of mine, who's a taxidermist, boils them a little while, then uses a pressure washer to blow off what will come off, then repeats, until the skull is clean. Looks disgusting, but saves a lot of the scraping, etc normally associated with european mounts.

Talked to a local guy today I had no idea his business was there. Said it should run $100. Normally $90 for clean and whiten but with eyes, brain and tounge in its another $10. Was planning to whiten by myself but what the hay, may as well get her done right

This years buck, daughter was with me and was pretty excited. She is getting a warped sence of derr hunting though, she has only gone out for a few serious hunts and just about every time she has gone out we get one. Bit of a good luck charm. had 2 bucks follow 14 does into one of our fields and got a good 275 yard shot.

Attachments

• Buck-2.jpg
    Buck-2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3
"Tain't a deer, but he waltzed across the field whilst I was deer hunting, so I put an end to his career. Made the sixth time I've seen coyotes while deer hunting this year, so I'm sworn to cut the pack down to size. :D This one had notable black, another one I've seen is mostly red, and yet another is pretty much what I'd call average....mostly gray, with a little red mixed in.

Attachments

• IMG_0412 (copy).jpg
    IMG_0412 (copy).jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 7