The Official Deer Season 2010 Thread

you R awesome. :) I dunno what I can bring across the border for the big feast, maybe a sack of taters? I know I cant take any pig or cow, veggies I dunno. I think perhaps I should stop in at somewhere on your side of the border, or maybe ask bigGary to grab something on my behalf and pony up when I see him... I think I can hit a Fred Meyer on the way down but....

oh, and I NEED a cherry coke, I havent had one in a number of years, they dont sell it up here, I love that stuff.

probably not. Meat isnt welcome across the border. I do promise to bring a steak knife, a fork and a well appointed plate. what I cant import, I will eat. :) I will have to start a list of stuff to bring now, before I go ahead and forget something.

the pop? yeah, probably but I havent tried in many years. I used to go across the border and visit fred meyer, we would buy a couple 2 liter cherry coke, a few bags of frito lay chips and a couple packs of smokes.

Thats more than 20 years ago, the border guys are much more stringent since then.

I got a special package in the mail today! Thanks Jay!

Attachments

• 2011-03-07 12.22.590.jpg
    2011-03-07 12.22.590.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 2011-03-07 13.57.37.jpg
    2011-03-07 13.57.37.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 2011-03-07 15.31.26.jpg
    2011-03-07 15.31.26.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 2011-03-07 12.36.48.jpg
    2011-03-07 12.36.48.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Crock pot worked as long as I did today.
I slogged through mud and water in a swampy area cleaning up two trees that blew over in the last storm.
Slow cooker worked on a shoulder roast from a one year with potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Excellent dinner and the meat was just falling off the shoulder blade.

I'll likely still have venison in the freezer, but i doubt I'll have the room as I am flying out.

You're welcome, Willie, very cool to see it hanging.

That is really interesting, it isn't just a skull and antlers, but also an artistic object. Good choice over leaving the hide remaining. Georgia O'keefe used animal skulls in her images a lot. One person described them as, "inevitable and natural, grave and beautiful". The contrast with the white skull and dark antlers is very striking, I think it must look real cool hanging in the room. The Cherry seems like a a good color, probably even more so as it ages a bit. Very pleased that your wife likes it too, I can see why, it has a homey feeling. I didn't expect that in particular.

Well that part may have been a little off but the rest isn't:D I was telling her I think I would have ordered it darker but that i'm glad I let you choose as I really like it. The signature is cool too8)

Back