O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

How much work is it going to take to get it back up and running Willie?
I am assuming that is why you brought it home on a trailer. Anyway, it would be easy to make some bucks back on it, if you decide to sell it. Many of those trucks, in like condition sell for around 5k to 6k.

I'll re-phrase myself.

A short bucket like that is like a dull saw - not good for much. Sure, you can use it, but...

On the other hand... having only one bucket truck is like having only one chain saw. :P You can do it, but...

I did quite a but of work with only a 40 footer; depends on how big the trees are, I guess.

That could be a very handy truck regardless. Tons of storage boxes for saws and gear, and it will tow a stump grinder or trailer easily. Very handy for an equipment truck even if you never use the bucket.

I was cold all week, but it got progressively warmer as I drove south. Had to turn on the AC shortly after crossing the Florida line and it's in the mid 80s here at home this afternoon. Perfect! 8)

Computer didn't like being off for a week. It's locking up something fierce this afternoon. I've had to unplug it and restart 4 times. Maybe I'll plug my old machine back in again and see if it works better than this POS.

How much work is it going to take to get it back up and running Willie?
I am assuming that is why you brought it home on a trailer. Anyway, it would be easy to make some bucks back on it, if you decide to sell it. Many of those trucks, in like condition sell for around 5k to 6k.

I was figuring the tranny was out so I picked one up last week. Pulled PTO cover and theres a pile metal. Truck has a tranny mounted parking brake and the tranny I bought doesn't. I am hoping I can swap back covers and be good to go. Truck fires up, generator turns over and almost starts. Bad gas I think. Shouldn't be a big deal8)

I wish my Ford had a driveline parking brake. The freakin thing only works when it wants...I hear if you get a new pedal assembly it fixes it--add that to the list.

I actually did a rear disc brake swap on my Toyota a while ago, it utilizes a t-case mounted e-brake and I love it.

A common misconception young Carl.....

For example: as of 10:45 today I removed a leaning tree over the street (12" locust, about 30' hanging into the roadway from private property) and I removed a 20" norway maple that fell onto two cars...and chipped some brush from my "Citizen Pruner" workshop which I ran on Saturday.

Now I am (hopefully) at my desk for the rest of the day because I have 100K worth of contracts that have to go out to various companies..not to mention posting here and updating my facebook status:lol:

Back