O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

UPS showed up today with some goodies for me to play with :D
I have some 5/8ths on the way but it is not here yet. I really want to use it with the porty Steve made on a Bull Pine TD I have tomorrow pending weather that I may just end up doing next week. The Sugoi I was really excited about with all the mistletoe jobs I am lining up :D Besides it was on sale :/::D

Attachments

• P1010241.JPG
    P1010241.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 20
Thought you might recognize those :) Gonna try out a couple on your say so Brian and order more sooner than later I am thinking. And I know I won't even push the rating.

I love adding and playing with set ups and such. Just trying to make work less fatiguing and more efficient. Always safer. Playing with some friction hitches and tenders. Making another flip line out of some 1/2" I have to lose off my 150 foot hank. The lanyard was my screw up on that slope. Not like working in the tree. Yup, tagged it with the saw.. LOL Time to replace it...

I was figuring the tranny was out so I picked one up last week. Pulled PTO cover and theres a pile metal. Truck has a tranny mounted parking brake and the tranny I bought doesn't. I am hoping I can swap back covers and be good to go. Truck fires up, generator turns over and almost starts. Bad gas I think. Shouldn't be a big deal8)

Got the pony motor running the other day and found the secret switch to get the boom flying. looks like a 35 foot working height. Got the tranny out and split the case. Looks like a shift fork broke off and seized things up. Really heated the gears up! My other tranny wont work as the casting for the starter is a little different. Found a rebuilt one in town but i'm going to look some more

Attachments

• fsuper 007.jpg
    fsuper 007.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 17
I like it, looks like a sweet little truck, that would be considered ultimate kit here ! Perfect for street trees :)

So before I went to go work on the truck, and seeing it was raining and snowing on and off.... I sat here and played.... Cut off some pieces of Bail out and practiced some things......
Worked on my VT on the hitch climber set up. Think I might try a klemheist on that also. I made a new prussic loop with the sliding double fisherman's knot (sorta of a favorite of mine :D ). Mostly I am just sizing things for how I like them after I practice... BTW... No, I do not climb on that white rope. I use it for practice and the kids :D No, I did not cut that particular piece of bailout to size yet, that's why the long ends. ;) Just things to do on a rainy day.... :D

Attachments

• P1010241.1.JPG
    P1010241.1.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010242.JPG
    P1010242.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 9
That Boxer is being resold by the manufacturer so it's probably in good condition.

Boxer is having a pretty good promotional sale going until the end of the month. Check out their website.

www.boxerequipment.com

Just got my hands on a Silky Hayauchi 16' extendable pole saw and I'm liking it a lot!:D

Anybody else got one?

15 foot Zubat on a stick here, just gotta be a little dainty with it. My pole saw has paid for itself many times over.

I've got a Zubat on a pole too.... compact and lightweight, great for climbing as long as you're careful with it. I've had mine for less than a year and have broke it twice (replaced 1 lower section and 1 of the extension locks). :X

I got the Hayauchi for use on the ground mainly but I'll use it aloft when I'm pruning trees with bark that tears. The bark cutter blade is very cool and works great!;)

I'm surprised there isn't more of us using them.... maybe it's the price tag.

Back