Boxer 532dx all-encompassing thread

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Several of us have this machine.

I need new mid-wheels, as ‘someone‘ fell behind on maintenance, and amongst everything else didn’t check the bearing condition/ presence, and chewed up the mid-wheels.
aftermarket????

i wonder about my tracks. I have about 425 hours. What kinda hours have you all gotten out of OEM tracks?
Aftermarket?

The crazy thing is that my hydraulic supply hose keeps collapsing, even though it shouldn’t. 3 hoses so far, all collapsing at the bend. Nobody knows why. No obstruction in the tank. Should be no way to collapse it between reservoir and pump.

Heat? I work on hydraulics often and heat is a major culprit in supply component failure. Just a thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Switching the extensions to this order made a difference. Just enough slop to turn the 1 5/8" tensioner bolt at a funny angle.

A 4x on the track supports it well.

Light speed compared to the factory supplied wrench. My neighbor's tools were just barely doing it.

Finished rebuilding the rollers!! IMG_20200914_102420031.jpg

Last edited:
The crazy thing is that my hydraulic supply hose keeps collapsing, even though it shouldn’t. 3 hoses so far, all collapsing at the bend. Nobody knows why. No obstruction in the tank. Should be no way to collapse it between reservoir and pump.
Would inserting a coil spring help alleviate the collapse? My hose shows signs of collapse, but has never fully done so.

Brendon and I were texting a while back regarding his Ditch Witch. He said something to the effect of the Boxer being built in a basement, while the DW was built by professionals.

I'll get a picture.

I'm shopping for replacement tracks.
What brands should I look to, or away from?

I got tracks through Summit Supply, a few months ago.

Anyone have a source on springs for the operator platform?

Attachments

• 20220517_104541.jpg
    20220517_104541.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220517_104538.jpg
    20220517_104538.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
I broke one, again. Have you ordered the springs to know which is it?

Are these expected to wear out from fatigue?

I realize that transporting the machine without the operator's platform tied-down is probably not helping anything. I started tying it down to prevent bouncing in transport.

I'd say that the more "travel" it is subjected to, vs it's length, the more fatigue the wire gets. Try a spring more stiff, still allowing some movement for the comfort. That should reduce the deflection of each wire loop, therefor reducing the constrain and the fatigue.

I thought an other possibility for the dammage. These springs are very resistant, designed to take an enormous amount of loading cycles. See a stamping press for example with hundreds of cycles per minute. The movements of the platform on the mini are no where near that. Except for one point: The movement on the press tool is linear, very well guided, with the tool's parts on both side staying strictly parallel. On the mini, the platform actually rotates around the front bolt (if I figure it corectly), so the top of the spring is loaded with a varying angle. Some math should tell what, but I thing that this angle adds to the torsion angle from the loading, pushing the spring's wire beyond its safe working domain.

Last edited:
Back