O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

You know, I've always immediately pulled the screen but I gotta tell ya... today I ran one with with the screen in and I kinda liked the quiet. To be honest, I didn't notice any loss of power.

Maybe if it was new, but if it was carboned up, there should be a noticeable power difference imo.

I didn't realize there was a noticeable difference in noise level with the screen in and out. This will require some experimentation. I like my jobsite to be as quiet as possible. I find that really loud days tire me out more.

:/:
crosscut_saws.jpg

A chainsaw is noisy, a little more noisy for more power and better breathing/less heat build up is worth it. Get stronger hearing protection if you're worried about it. But drop the screen fo sure.

I got this in Wed afternoon, it's still wet in the picture from me trying to clean it up. I'm going to price a new body for it, but I got it for a steel.

DSC05561.jpg

And I got this for a stihl:D

Attachments

• fsuper 001.jpg
    fsuper 001.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 19
  • fsuper 005.jpg
    fsuper 005.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 19
I think it will be handy for some of those spots you just cant unfold the big boom. It has a 30' working height. If it doesn't work out, i'll sell it, got it for 1k!

I think it will be handy for some of those spots you just cant unfold the big boom. It has a 30' working height. If it doesn't work out, i'll sell it, got it for 1k!

They work good for street clearance trimming. Small jobs, we use ours all the time. The local electrician hires it out quit often, for pole work and service drops.

As long as it is making you money. Thats the bottom line, choose the right tool for each job....:D

I often use a short climbing line, 80', does all the little trees without leaving a huge tangle of rope at the bottom of the tree :drink:

Small bucket up in my neck of the woods would do more than it's share of live oaks. I have a hank of rope like that too Willie. Actually will have two once I cut down a 150 I have as it is showing its use. I use them for the same reason you do and also in the tree if I need a double crotch or a transition line.

I'll re-phrase myself.

A short bucket like that is like a dull saw - not good for much. Sure, you can use it, but...

Back