O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I got em from Sierra trading post. ...last pair of size 12s!

And, I was going to put a sign by the Shell Station John passes, just to remind him of who gets all the real work around here. :lol:

yeah...remind me

No Canadian bling this year(or atleast until my plow accounts pay up :D), just gotta make the cashola now.

Ok I see from Bivy's quote, you just put the signs out here and there in high traffic areas. 8)

yeah...remind me

You know I'm joking. ...right...?

The signs are generally for putting in customers yards after work is complete. If they're happy about what you did, ask em if you can leave a sign in their yard for a few weeks. I put a few around town in high traffic areas just to see if I get some response. Three have disappeared, but my phone blew up today. :D

Around here they are called 'bandit signs'. They get stuck in road medians or nailed to telephone poles and last until the road crews or code enforcement guys clean them up and throw them away. If you're going to place them indiscriminantly then you need to use a throw-away phone number such a pay-as-you-go convenience store cell phone. Makes it harder for code enforcement to prosecute you. :/:

I have 18" square signs I put in the yards when I do a good install job or some such, I forget what they cost, for some reason I think they were about $20 with the metal stake. Just my logo and the cell # on the sign.

8)
DSC05538.jpg

Yep, TiN coated.

Not yet, Willie. Going to use EMCC's to sharpen chipper knives. Use the EM to carve off the buggered part to a clean edge, then a surface grinder to keen the edge. It'll be hard to justify a mill with access to 4 CNC mills, 1 cnc lathe, 6 manual mills, and 8-10 manual lathes.

TiN= Titanium nitride, the gold coloured coating on the EM which adds to tool life.

EM= End Mill

EMCC= East Mississippi Community College

CNC= Computer Numerically Controlled.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1773776&PMT4NO=0

They list it as being coated in TiCN, which is Titanium Carbonitride. TiCN is blueish grey, TiN is gold. The picture they show is a polished finish.

I just called to let them know about the difference. She asked if I wanted to return the part, I said no, just letting ya'll know. She said "Oh thank you!" and I thought she was reading a script and being a smart ass until she said I have 15% off on my next order. :D

Back