O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

When Paul first introduced the Wraptor to the world at the West Coast Get Together (2009) he let some of us play with it...Paul caught Carl (lumberjack) in the parking lot using it to pull something...can't remember what...several of us were there...but we were ONLY watching Carl do the deed.

:lol:

but Paul got REAL emphatic that it was not meant for pulling "stuff"...just for getting people up into trees. It was kind of like getting caught stealing a piece of pie off the window ledge.

Attachments

• IMG_9902 resized.jpg
    IMG_9902 resized.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9886 resized.jpg
    IMG_9886 resized.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Coombs tree.jpg
    Coombs tree.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9884 resized.jpg
    IMG_9884 resized.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9948 resized.jpg
    IMG_9948 resized.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9914 resized.jpg
    IMG_9914 resized.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9882 resized.jpg
    IMG_9882 resized.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9913 resized.jpg
    IMG_9913 resized.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9895 resized.jpg
    IMG_9895 resized.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9908 resized.jpg
    IMG_9908 resized.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Seems very reasonable at that price. Definitely a good looking unit, wonder how much the brake is rated for.

the reason I don’t like people pulling things with the Wraptor is you set a bad precedent IMO. You will have idiots trying to pull stuck chip trucks out with the driver rocking her to get out. Shock loads way in excess of swl can be exceeded and the unit damaged. Kinda like using your harness as a tow strap, just bad juju

I love my portable winch, and it's done tons of work, but like the look of that one even more. It's so great to have that kind of power in a little package, awesome for storm cleanup and tricky situations

I've been singing praises for winches as an indispensable tool for tree work since forever...and I am today still amazed at how few tree work outfits seem to use them.

I could not have managed even a small portion of the jobs I was able to take to successful completion, without a winch at hand.

Frick and frack, what a bunch of dumb bunnies...:D.

Just teasing, friends :P...I know y'all are not dumb...just plain bunnies, I suppose :).

Last edited:
6C1E1A44-3106-4109-8FFC-E34B624A1915.jpeg Why can’t I just stop at the arb store and pick up what I’m supposed to? I was staring at it and thought to myself “ you’ve already got 4 or 5 of these, you don’t need another one”. Then that little gear demon appeared on my other shoulder and said “ you don’t have a pink one, yet”. Also bought another cube, hank of dynaglide, and two more rope bags. I’m gonna have to quit drinking to support this habit

rich, I take it you are more of friction hitch guy than mechanical hitch guy?

Cory I do a lot with both. Depends on the situation. More though lately, my mood. I’ve walked passed and glanced at it at least two dozen times. Today I let the demon win
And @flushcut , only had one beer. Weekend ritual. One beer with breakfast. Been that way for 20 years. Except when I call it quits for a while

Actually it is up hill from the pile to the house. Lil Bessie doesn’t care though. Just grabbed a bucket load since it’s snowing again and I don’t really feel like being out in it again. I’ll grab another tote full tomorrow and maybe restock my little wood shed that sits next to the garage.

Back