O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I like wesspur and treestuff. 90% of my stuff came from one or the other. Gap isn't a ridiculous drive for me, and it's pleasant driving. I got my helmet from them in person. Baileys is good for ground work stuff. Chaps, files, bars and chains...

Okay Rajan, give a little shopping info. They look like a stack of 18 - 4x8 ft. clear (as they all them) Alturna mats. The only place I've seen is Sherrill Tree offering a small discount on 12-packs of the black mats. Did you go and pay the average ~$320/mat, and if so, who'd you order from? And, would you recommend them. Asking for a friend...

Ok the mats ars 86lbs each. I jumped on a deal that Steve Connely posted on tree buzz. The company is called Signature Systems in Orlando. These sheets are a factory second as they are an 1/8" shy of 4 foot wide. I ordered 18 and tan in color. Now sit down and pour yourselves a stiff cocktail. I paid $120 a sheet so 18 plus shipping was under $2900.00 to my door. They did not cut in the hand holds but a router with a straight flute carbide and a template will make it happen. From what I understand the company sold 1000 mats in a few hours. From the time i got a call back at 9 and confirmed my order at 11 they had sold 450.

I'm trying to streamline my mat movement to and from trailer/ deployment. Also trying to figure the least gear and energy intensive way to effectively avoid scorching lawns.

Crap, sorry bout that. I skimmed the posts earlier, but I was on my phone, so I obviously didn't take it all in.

I think I got mines for a bit over 200 each, 3-4 years ago, treestuff.

I have like 80 holes to cut so I can play around. What Iv'e found about cutting HDPE is you can travel fast thru the cut. The faster the feed speed the better.

HSS would cut it fine. I’d think something more open like for aluminum would be preferred over something for steel.

Back