How'd it go today?

She just wouldn't warm up to anyone in the house and just seemed real nervous all the time to where she was chewing her hair off. And when she was around the other 2 she would try to be too bossy and I was afraid she was gonna get hurt since she wasn't as rough as them or as big

That sucks. I guess sometimes it just does not work out. Amazing how every dog you come across has a different personality.

My old dog did not like kids for the first three or four years. We had to have a coming to Jesus moment, and now it is okay. It was touch and go for a while when my daughter was born.

:lol:@ "NO, lets do it your way."

Yea my oldest dog doesn't really like kids, adults or anything else for that matter but I can trust him with the family. I just raised him when I was single and didn't teach him to respect anyone but me. Also got a new pup that is kinda rough with the cat but almost perfect with my 1 year old little boy though. They both spend all day outside till I get home them they get to come in for family time and sleep.

Thanks. I don't know what the hell happens. Some post right, others not so well.
Did a bunch of little climbing removals. All dead but nothing sketchy about them. Then finished with a limb lift for a better lake view. Was on spurs all day and almost forgot to take them off on the trim. Caught myself though. Was a beautiful day for a Monday.

Getting bored beyond belief up here. Tried unsuccessfully on two different occasions to get the go ahead on no less than 12 standing dead, located at various intersections and parking areas. To the point that I'm thinking of putting together a docket with pictures and a little bio of each tree and submitting that to management for them to agonize over. . . Need more autonomy. Just frustrating. If I don't go out and find problems, there is nothing to do. Pay is the same weather I'm marching or fighting, but I'd much prefer the fighting. Feeling underutilized. . .

Hard to get anyone to make any kind of a decision this time of year. At least your still making some money.:)

Couple of tree outfits in the city are doing well at this time of the year putting up Christmas lights in trees with their buckets.

Had a good one today a pair of oaks brush chipped and both sticks pulled to the lay in the woods. Then off to catch a pair of pine branch hangers where I got the nice treat:D
d09e6b2218cdd545d67f8f8d967b8cfd.jpg

3e9b1f4aee684d0f3af6009116f8f1b9.jpg

50ea198011b2c24f9e241d756ca93cec.jpg

Just hung out 15 min plus.

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

Super!! Cool you could get pictures..and 15 minutes hanging out!

We have a farm in S. GA...I have been told we have a local eagle there but have not seen it yet.

It's pretty country...I worked out of Valdosta in the Okefenokee as a young man...site of the johnboat shooting, in fact :lol:

Started working on several awesome new (for me on banjo) musical ideas this morning, but my hand is not up to the task so set it down and picked up a book for a while that I can't concentrate on 'cause the music stuff is ramblin' 'round in my brain.

I'm really relating to the "don't do that yet" crowd today.

Gave myself a hair cut & when trimming the back in two mirrors I see that I'm losing hair on top now enough to call it a bald spot...crap...guess it had to happen eventually.

Well today was just stressful, decided to not go logging for a producer that I had a back and forth feeling about. Maybe some hard feelings but he burned me pretty bad last year. But when one door closes atleast I have a saw to cut a hole lol. Got a few trees to look at and got offered a woods to log out myself and it will be helping some real nice people out and pay pretty well at the same time. So I guess those and turning wrench I will stay in shape (round) lol

Came by this auto wreck this morning. The guy hit this palm tree dead center with his car so hard it knocked the top out of it!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 43
Damn.

Preschool today. A busy room of 8 toddlers, teacher and 4 parents. Too windy for the play ground. It's a cooperative preschool, so all patents volunteer to run the school, with one paid teacher.

I was really watching the tall Doug fir. One is going to go away. Red ring rot/ white speck. Laminated root root pocket next to the preschool.

It's a tough call how aggressively to cut. I asked Amy to come in as a second professional opinion, forest pathologist.
I see at least one tall fir to go. A number have died and been removed in the area, partially neighbor's trees. 100-130' second growth. Hella problem to have next to a preschool which had lightning strike the power line last year, blowing the drywall off in places, an hour after the school let out for the day.

Damn, that was a hard hit!

Slayed two live oaks that have been in the wings for a bit. Basically burned the slash from three trees. busy day. Our part timer worked his arse off and kept up with Rob and I. Impressive. Had to buck it all to firewood and pull a bunch against lean. got to bomb some just to reduce and then pull them over. HO happy and has more work. Kewl.

Back