How'd it go today?

Sounds good Sean, I have met a couple of accountants in the last few days in preparation for next year.
Priced a couple of jobs, food shopping with the wife, ate a curry , Dancing with the Stars on the Telly. Bottle of red next to me.
Tomorrow getting ready for "the jobs you're glad you didn't get" which I got!!!!! Bollocks.

My mail order bride came up for the weekend, so we are working on the horse stable.
It is about 80% finished, so I can start thinking about fencing the pastures. P1020066.JPG P1020086.JPG

I dunno Butch, it's a big hedge to fell and burn on site, even as I drove away I though "Jesus Mick, you should have and could have charged double"
I'll post pics and a close up of my bitter tears of self hate, starts Tuesday.

Looking sharp Stig!

just spent several hours trying to get internet on my TV....tried all of the suggested different ways with different wires and finally got it to come on...went to a site and it tells me I have to get on my computer, sign into site to register my TV...computer is unplugged and can't reach modem which is hooked to TV. tried another site...same response. I'm now mentally exhausted, ticked off, and back on my computer. Lord I hate trying to make electronical things work; seems like they could make it so much easier...:X

even as I drove away I thought "Jesus Mick, you should have and could have charged double"

Dont ya hate it when you say that?? Or even worse, when the custy is writing you the check upon job completion, and they say stuff like, "I can't believe how reasonable it was". I actually had one guy, who I charged $1250.00, say "this was great. I would have paid an extra thousand and still thought it was a good deal":whine:

I had a customer who I was writing an estimate up for a couple of small trees and stump removal.
He's one of those customers who won't stop talking to you when you're trying to figure out his jobs price.

I had it in my head already before I was going to write down the price. I figured $550 plus GST for a job that will take me 2 hours.....he nervously says to me "look, I'll give you $1000 cash
I look up at him trying to keep a straight face and said "sure that sounds fair to me".
:lol:

Rained most of the day here so I didn't do much. Looked at a skid loader for a friend. Tells me it's making a funny noise when I move it. I helped him replace the wheel bearings on the right side this summer and told him the left should be done as well but was over ruled. Guess what I get to help with next weekend. Not that I mind just really wish people would listen. Gonna start on making a small end table to go with the kid size recliners that Santa is bringing the girls. Then gotta discuss log splitters while playing cards tonight. See if we wanna spend more money or just get out of doing firewood sales. Seems to be to much work for to little return

Yes that's a real nice building alright Stig
Also your loved one must be real nice and easy going seeing you can call her "the mail order bride" :lol:

That's an epic work stint Fi. I hope you made it home & have your feet up :)

Nice job Stig - you must be getting excited about your ladies arrival now..

Yah sweet looking stable set-up. I'm missing riding. Can't do much with the horses these last couple weeks since my hand surgery.

Practiced with the local band today. Let the boss know he would have to work around the other bands schedule if he wanted me to play...he wasn't to happy, but that's how it goes.

Hand only bothered on a couple songs with more difficult fingerings. Kept most of the playing pretty simple.

What did I do today? Relaxed. Not from a hard week of work either. I decided I'm unemployed and deer hunting until further notice. Or until my wife says we are in the yellow or red zone financially. I did do one half day job last week and that was only because I gave an elderly lady a promise to take down her tree quickly so she could stop being afraid of it.

I spent the day listening to wedding plans and found it best to just smile and nod lol. Got a rental hall on trade for saw work, give them 10 hours of work and we get the hall. Now I need to find a dj. But on a good note the wife to be quite excited, never really saw her get all girly and giggly.

Oh I'm using the "yes dear" and the "that sounds great babe" especially since she took it so well that we had to postpone till January 17th.

Congrats.

Dont let these other guys fool you. A woman apreciates being told "hell no". Ya just stand up straight and tall, puff out your chest and say NO.

Twenty five percent of the time it works every time.8)

Just kidding of course, it sounds like you are doing it right! :thumbup:

Almost 70 Degrees warmer than last weekend, It was nice! Went to the river, caught a couple nice brown trout.

Yea I have found the "NO, let's do it your way" to be quite benificial at times. She gets her way and I get to say no so it's a win win lol. On a sad note though I had to get rid of one of the dogs today.

Back