How'd it go today?

Maybe it can be fertilized a little later?

If that birch was around these parts that would for sure be BBB bronze birch borer and it will probably continue to die from the top down its rampant around here.

Got stung in the frigging ear today. Was lucky to only get hit once they were all over me. It was yard sale time. I could feel them in my hair. Yellow jackets.

It was stupid. Removing a overgrown cedar thing. Not my usual fare but was a footnote in the scope of the job. I cut this big ball of a thing down at ground level expecting to nudge it into the lawn and one "lead" of it broke out and started heading for the eves. So I drop the saw and grab it to manhandle it down nicely and as this lead broke out it ripped their nest in half. I saw them emerge like a angry wave!

I was booking it out of there. My co worker said he couldn't believe how fast I moved. Lol

When it comes to bees or wasps, I'm the Flash!!!

the_flash.jpg

Camphor tree. I believe that's cinnamomum camphora

However- I didn't do the work- tommy and Oscar did!

Actually wait- I did cut one dead limb off...to make bowls out of!!!

7etepasu.jpg

love
nick

I got a little light headed from the smell when turning the bowl! I had a neighbor from 2 houses away come by. He said he smelled something and thought it might be coming from my garage. Sure enough!

love
nick

Today started as a climb drop and leave.
Turned into a oh that's a big honey bee nest. On the only branch that needed rigging. Saved it for last and bailed through the swarm at the ground, 15 stings and go back in the am with a bee keeper to load the hive and take it to his apiary. Good education and "Chappy the bee man" said if I'm up for it he can pass bee tree work to me, apparently there is a need for just such a person:D
se5uzu3e.jpg

Today is my 10 year anniversary. I'm about to cook a big azz breakfast and take my wife riding than out shopping a bit and dinner. I got me a great woman!

Happy anniversary to you both!
The hive has been moved successfully, with no stings, a bag full of comb to process and a pint of blue ribbon raw honey, and education that will pay tenfold.
2atute8u.jpg

Heh thanks everyone. Road up into the hills the two of us on our own. Gotta do that more often. We like to ride the same, trotting or cantering. No abusing though walk or rest when its warranted.

Back