How'd it go today?

Closed these two today (and the little ones as well)... should be fun... Climb the gulley, rappel to the tree, drop tethered (butt hitched).. repell down to felled tree. Butcher felled tree and add choker to slash and log.. Yard off 60-80 degree slope :D HO clean up once on flat ground. Hopefully the mini will be in the stable by then ;)
The draw will be cleaned out first of brush of course. On rope. Been in this one before. You can't hardly stand in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130227_151905.jpg
    IMG_20130227_151905.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20130227_151833.jpg
    IMG_20130227_151833.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 73
Probably a butane or propane tank... Old one.. Guy collected tonas of stuff over the years.. Old dozer, dump bed, septic truck, Fords.. tools.. place is a project welders dream :lol:

Deva, this place was on the edge of a fire some years back when we had a local arsonist setting them one after another. Damn near came into town. So it is ripe to burn again with all the kiln dried dead about it.

I don't envy you the terrain you have to work in, Stephen.

I ran around in our nice flattish forests today, in the spring sunshine wielding a spraycan.

After dragging a saw around since oktober, marking trees for felling sure don't feel like work.

The doggies love it, too.

They are expert tree-markers:lol:

I used to tease the timber marker when I would run into him on the landing. On a windy day he would be completely blue from the waist up.

haha, that's a funny. blue Smurfs in the woods.

I sold a job for a view "restoration".
Should be mellow, we cleaned the heck out of the trees three years ago.
oh and 12kv running along side them...work, it's what we do.

Attachments

• IMAG1356.jpg
    IMAG1356.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG1354.jpg
    IMAG1354.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 56
I got a storm damage call from a repeat custy in Milwaukee saying it was a broken limb on the ground but still attached at the collar. So I start cutting some weight off the thing ,limb tips, and it just falls to the ground, but heres the kicker the neighbor has been driving and walking under it for three days. Yikes!

um, done...Thank you for the reminder.....Cleared some space.

tensile strength is incredible in trees evolved from the kelp forests floating.

Today went well, took down two big white pines and a good size silver maple. Now my dad and I are enroute to pick up our new truck we had built in Virginia. 7 hours each way. I will post some pictures tomorrow when I pick it up!

Did my contract climb today with some friendly comp.. Glen had never seen me dismantle a tree before. :D He likey...
Made bank... Bad tree though. 42" DBH live oak falling apart at the branch unions. The central leader only had about 1/2 the trunk left. Broke out a rigging point and the next to the last pick. Just gave out. It was one of two since I was spreading the load to keep the leader I was on from breaking out. No one hurt, all went well and we had it done in 5 hours. Got to bomb a bunch of it on the more compromised leader. Wish I could have got pictures. Oh well.. Maybe a small cam is in my future after I get the mini home this month. Still waiting on the call saying the funding check has been deposited.....

I used to tease the timber marker when I would run into him on the landing. On a windy day he would be completely blue from the waist up.

The dogs get hit by wind drifting marker dye on occasioon.

Thais had a neon pink tail last winter:lol:

Hey folks!
Thought I'd stop by to see what was up. I got an email from somebody that thought I had been banned here and wanted to dispel that myth, I left of my own volition.

Sorry but I had to turn off my private messages here. Too many harassing messages from Butch.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy. I'm doing better than ever. I'd go into detail but it doesn't matter.

Later, folks! :wave:

Back