How'd it go today?

Hah beavers .So here I am,17 year old the summer of 1965 in the mountains of Colorado noticing aspen trees gnawed off 6 feet above ground level and thought how did they do that ? It dawned on me finally they were on top of the snow in winter .I thought they were either damned tall of they had a ladder .Duh!

Now if it had been Texas, I'd have believed they had 6 foot beavers.

They reintroduced beaver though out the state of Ohio in some areas maybe 25 years ago .My oh my did the farmers whine like a broke dick dawg after they blocked all the field tiles and damned up all the small rivers and flooded the corn fields .Not to mention eating the corn . A bunch of 3 pound muskrats can do a number but thirty pound beavers can really play a tune .Eat a lot of corn too not to mention all the cotton woods within 200 feet of a steam . Dogs ,red tail hawks etc might mess with a muskrat but they'd be damned stupid to put a run on a thirty pound beaver .One chomp from those big old teeth old Fido would be noseless .

Uh, ok, I'll step up on this one...Yes we eat as much beaver as possible. We drop everything at a chance to eat some beaver.

Just because a critter is a scavenger doesn't mean they are not good to eat, does it? Dungeness crab comes to mind.

Coryy, Cory...:D.

The marzipan smell is an indicator of Prussic acid aka. hydrogen cyanide ( HCN), not arsenic, Fiona.

Right that's the one...typed my last too fast, I knew it was one of the two! Flip it made my eyes burn.
Good thing we don't chip.

Right that's the one...typed my last too fast, I knew it was one of the two! Flip it made my eyes burn.
Good thing we don't chip.

Yes, chipping it would have been pretty awful, I bet. Probably would have made you sick as a dog.

I got my firewood home today.

The forwarder showed up in the woods next to my house this morning and I managed to talk the operator into forwarding my firewood this afternoon, because it may well be the last day of frozen ground.

All I had to do was remind him how he wrecked my lawn 3 years ago, when he drove across it in the rain.
That was when we found out why they don't use forwarders on golf courses:lol:

It's thawed here also which would really track up a lawn being still frozen beneath .It wouldn't sink but my oh my would it tear the sod up .

Frost is coming out of the ground here this week. Phone is ringing. I say lets get the mud started and over with.

Actually I don't have a say. At all.

I hate the mud, but wearing a cheap pair of gaiters sure does help!

$20
TSL_TREK_M_L_grey.jpg

http://www.pacificnorthwestoutfitters.com/servlet/the-231/mens-womens-TSL-Trek/Detail

Here is a pair for $10
http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Glen-s...Q&gdftrk=gdfV24023_a_7c2063_a_7c8559_a_7cGEOG

Walmart, Gander, all the outdoors places. Mine were $30 from REI and are great!

Back