How'd it go today?

Never tried them for mud but they are brilliant in the deep snow.

I need to change something with my feet fast.

Was cutting in the woods today, as I will be until tree work starts. After about 6 hrs my feet were numb and wet enough I had to ring out my socks. How come there are no water tight boots? I even had my feet in plastic bags, no worky. Tired of it. I def. want to invest in some of those gators for summer time. I know jay wears them, really keeps the dust out of the boots.

Attachments

• forwarder.jpg
    forwarder.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 41
You can step in a bucket of water and pull your foot out real fast and stay dry for the most part!

They keep your pants clean and dry and help protect your socks ankles and to a certain extent your boots. Plus they look sweet! I would go with knee high ones or not all. Fit just under the knee. Velcro right down the front works well for me and you definitely want ones with a hook on the front. If you dont have a ring on your boots the first cross lace works fine. Having some sort of draw enclosure at the top is key. The difference in options and price is going to breathability, for me the cheap ones are best suited for tree work. Anything 'mountaineering' like really isnt ideal.

It would also be worth putting some webbing on the boot strap because thats what wears out 1st.

Well they would be unless you are climbing I'd think .You can't expect to wade snow in a pair of sneakers and not get wet feet .

For me it isnt as simple as climbing. I am usually on a 2-4 man crew all of whom climb, going from job to job I need to climb, rake, drag brush, walk in ice, mud, concrete etc.

It can be difficult to find something that does it all. I will take a heavy duty work boot over a rubber boot for all purpose use but I do wear rubber boots sometimes. unless presented with extremely harsh conditions I generally try to stick to one boot per day, as I am not really into changing my boots all the time.

I was just saying gaiters are cool, and help keep you a bit cleaner, warmer and drier.

Pruned a couple locust and a live oak today. Then went and worked on some old storm falls with Robert. Never seen locust with mistletoe before.. Guess there is always a first in this business. Phone just keeps ringing and I keep estimating.. Guess the mini is justified now... Just waiting on the funding to be deposited. Killing a live oak tomorrow with another climber that is going to ground me. Poor Glen just ain't climbing as much since his hernia. Just a hired gun I will be. HO clean up.. Love it. Sending Rob out on a thinning job while I do that. New part time guy again Saturday. Should be fun :)

Back