How'd it go today?

Yet, everyone can't stop talking about it. "Prodding about a personal matter?" What is this BS?

Butch, you've created a great site. Many strong friendships and alliances in the industry have been built here. Your core group is speaking to you here. You have an ugly habit of egging guys on. There;s no moving on with you. Once there is a difference in perspective, you push and push until they leave. Everyone here knows it including you. This site is heading down the tubes fast lately. Don't push for that man. You've got a good thing going.

Oh boys, just stop it already!
Enough.

Did my first root prune Friday, roots had pushed tarmac up under a gate and wedged it shut. Had to break the tarmac, dig down to find the offending items. We cut three small surface roots, 1" max, dug out some of the fill, found the deep big one, left it, refilled the hole, topped it all off with 2" of road gravel...happy clients, left spare business cards...

Earlier in the day I banged my thumb knuckle with the new Silky blade...owww. I must have hit the bone or a tendon because by the end of the day it was SORE, like couldn't use it sore, then it swelled up. Over the weekend, packed in dettol cream under a bandaid, all is well for Monday morning.

Well said Tucker.

"If you expect all your friends to be perfect, you won't have any friends at all"

MB you have made many wise and mature decisions over the years on any number of different matters, but you seem heavily dug in here. Maybe the many folks of long standing here happen to have the right idea on this one, maybe you could agree to disagree and lay back on this situation for awhile. Maybe Brian said a bunch of out of line or uncalled for things, I don't know, but people do make mistakes, maybe it aint worth it to be hardcore on this.

Butch, you've created a great site. Many strong friendships and alliances in the industry have been built here. Your core group is speaking to you here. You have an ugly habit of egging guys on. There;s no moving on with you. Once there is a difference in perspective, you push and push until they leave. Everyone here knows it including you. This site is heading down the tubes fast lately. Don't push for that man. You've got a good thing going.

+1

Fiona: Wow... terribly sorry about the nasty Silky gash. Cldn't be more sympathetic... Shld someone start a "Nastiest Hand-Saw Cut" thread? What thinks you?

I agree.

:roll:

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

I went and diagnosed a sick oak tree today.

The owner had cut a branch off it and gotten concerned because it appeared to be rotten inside.
I had promised to swing by and take a look when I was in the area, so on the way home from a karate seminar, I did.

I think that oak has a few good years in it yet.

The "rot" was simply the brown heartwood:lol:

Love it!
You would have liked the three dead pondos up hill (2-1) from a house I looked at today... All dead and 40 feet above the drive way... My count was 10 ... not 3.... :lol:

Love it!
You would have liked the three dead pondos up hill (2-1) from a house I looked at today... All dead and 40 feet above the drive way... My count was 10 ... not 3.... :lol:

We went to a busy viewshed parking lot at the top of a mountain for 5 dead trees, turned out to be 70-100. We lost count. :lol:

Fun day today. Maple removal between two houses, most had to be roped down. Since its been awhile since we had a good sized removal, dad wanted to do it. Come lunch time he had most of it down, and comes down for lunch and says my turn to finish it. Of course he leaves me the fun task of blocking and chunking down the 50' stem after he did all the other stuff haha.

Here's a tree I was called to look at to remove...you can't see the neighbour's above ground pool the long branches are over, or the chainsaw cuts from girdling cuts all around the base, or the compost in the crown!!! Totally dead, rotten and falling apart.
I will not take this on my insurance, they just let it go too far. I'll give them a price and get a cherry picker because even little me is not confident to put ANY weight on anything or rig any part on any other part. Disclaimer big time about damage, they have to be prepared to take it on their homeowners as they let it get too far. Does anyone else come across stuff like this?

Attachments

• IMGP7434.jpg
    IMGP7434.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 59
Fiona: Wow... terribly sorry about the nasty Silky gash. Cldn't be more sympathetic... Shld someone start a "Nastiest Hand-Saw Cut" thread? What thinks you?

Thanks mate, but visually its not that bad. I just banged it and the points went in, fortunately no 'drag' or it would have been an ER visit! It's absolutely fine now, just hurt like a bugger for a day and swelled up, not much skin over knuckes, lots of other things close to the surface...

Back