How'd it go today?

Two full days of Pine and Oak crane removals around separate second home locations. Beautiful weather today, with great views flying above the forest tops looking well down the snow capped northern range as far as the eye can see. Wish I wore my helmet cam. Ground dwellers don't have a clue. 242xp lost it's spark for some reason. I'm knackered.

Wednesday ended as a bad day for me.

I took a fall, not from a tree, but during packing up the gear.:(

To put the chipper in his basement garage, my buddy has to remove the exhaust chute. The build-in folding point isn't low enough, although it's a small chipper, so the whole rotating part must be taken out. I was on the chipper to lift this heavy piece of steal. No worries usually, but this time the chipper was not level. After lifting and freeing the chute, I pulled it closer to me because it was leaning forward. I did that just a little too much, and as the 90° curve was over my shoulder, the weight of this crap began to drag me backward. I tried to retrieve my balance by putting my right foot on the fender which I knew it was behind me, but out of sight due to my position and the load in my arm.
Not far enough to the right, my foot missed it and jammed between the fender and the shipper's body. I went completely over and fall on my back, my foot still stuck up there.
Ouch! I'm not used to sustain such a pain. :whine:
My buddy managed to catch the flying chute and avoided it to fall on me. Good point at least.
I clearly believed that my ankle and my shin were broken.
After my buddy lift me up, I can free my foot and checked the damage.
No broken bone at first glance, but an ankle sprain, sure, and a big stress on the fibula (fender's side).

Of course, as I'm a little stupid on the health side for myself:roll:, I don't got a medical check-up after that. Instead, I continue working for some date constrained jobs (ground work for the last 2 days, and climbing this next week). :hammer:
Not easy at all, but I can't complain on that, my bad.

I discovered two things :
- the muscles in the leg are constantly working to keep the body steady, allover on an uneven ground, that's hurt.
- there are so much steps in my stairs:D

I went to an auction today which is unusual for Sunday in these parts .

My poor old wife doesn't get around so good any more so I landed a mobility scooter for her for less than 10 percent of what they sell for new .Most of these things get very little use .They made so many of them and most are in almost new condition like this one . I can't see why anyone would shell out $3000-3600 for one .Even if I have to buy new batteries at 90 a pop times 2 I'll have less than 400 in it .

Mr and Mrs Bermy celebrated 25 yrs on Wednesday...a trip way down south to ride a restored bush railway, beautiful drive along the coast scouting places to go in the boat, then a fantastic steak dinner to top it all off...now on to 25.1!!:)

Marc, you had me cringing reading that hope you are ok now.

Congratulations Fionia and Mr B. :occasion5:

Well it was a long day and I got home before 6pm but not by much, and just beat a storm home.

Four pines and three cocas palms, trucks full and I'm tired. Lucky I took extra water, it was hot but cooled down about 2pm. :drink:

Hey hey hey I might be in luck on Mrs. Smiths mobity scooter .It appears the battery charge is coming up .Evidently those sealed lead acid deep charge batteries are lke lithium in that they have a memory .

If they sit for a long period of time and discharge you have to exercise them so they can take a full charge .

I cut into rounds and moved about a cord and a half of Hickory out of the woods .It doesn't take long with everything layed out .Just zip down through it with a saw .Pulled up right next to it with a tractor and trailer where you only have to move it about 3 feet it goes pretty fast .

I've been hunting a big bear today.

FB_IMG_13539646127612166.jpg

Here's some old tracks he left yesterday morning. He is big. Im betting over 350. These tracks are lousy to judge by but I did find plenty that the sun hadn't hit yet and they were big.
2012-11-26_13-58-21_623.jpg

Nice. I just got back from upstate Ny. Killed a six pointer and the gut pile was damn near gone that evening. Big tracks all around. I didn't expect to see that.

I found a deer carcass that a bow hunter had hit and not found. I could not believe how there was not a bit of meat or guts left. Think yotes would eat guts? The turkey vultures have gone south. Haven't seen bear track.

The rumor around the campfire here is that a guy shot a 26pointer. No that is not a typo. I have not seen the deer or know of the guy but I do know the deer was baited out of a 300acre private parcel of land that has never been hunted in the last sixty years or more.

Back