How'd it go today?

My grandfather hunted north America from corner to corner in his life. Anticosti was his favorite place. His log home was decorated in big game mounts but his deer from Anticosti were along the wall across from his recliner so he could see them all the time.

Sunk the bucket truck in a yard today. I think the vibrations from idling while working made it worse. I went to pull ip to get the last limb and no go. Thought I had left the park brake on. Tried to reverse went about a foot and sunk.

That pretty well ruined my day. Then the homeowner comes home and turns the water system on to see if we messed anything up.... All I could do was laugh and walk away.

Tomorrows asswipe customer just called and wanted to reschedule because he will be playing outside in the yard with his kids all day. I just had to call my homie that was bringing his bucket over to do it with me and drop him on his ass at the last minute. I have nothing for tomorrow now. I have nothing but nice big stabs on my list and can't bite into any on a friday with me going away fishing this weekend. If I didn't take pride in being a professional, is live to reschedule with that customer, let him take the day off to be home, then stand him up. His excuse was such bullshit.

Scott, you have outriggers so you should be able to extract yourself in most cases. Throw down some extra cribbing under the outriggers and jack them up until the front wheels are off the ground. Then get in the bucket and swing the boom around so the weight is over the front and the rear wheels come off the ground. Get out and crib up your holes, then fold up and try to get out. I've had to go through that process 4-5 times in a row getting out of a muddy field once. Took an hour and a half but I finally got out.

Chris, just put the asshole on the back burner and blow him off when he calls about rescheduling. Wait until you have lots of free time to reschedule, just tell him you're busy. If he ends up getting somebody else in the meantime then it's no big loss. I'm currently doing that with one guy who called me in Feb. for a price and then wanted the work done in July. When I scheduled the job he called a day before and postponed. Now he's calling me once a week and I keep telling him I'm booked about 3 weeks out.

Unless you gross 300 an hour with your bucket. In that case I'm moving to your town and starting over from scratch.

I tried to jack up the truck with what I had on hand. No luck the outriggers just sank in. The yard didn't even mark up when I pulled in. I worked almost an hour in that setup. When I pulled up the outriggers the front end sat down pretty good. Stupid move I should have built a road.

Going to Charlotte tomorrow to buy some trakmAts.

He has the kids full time. Typical American family. He and I chatted awhile at the estimate awhile back and while I don't know much about him I do know its a typical family situation. He is just being a douche. I told him Sunday night we would be out Friday at 7 thirty. He had plenty of notice. He isnt being straight with me and if he is, he is an asswipe. I'm firing him. Smells fishy. Fishy never works out for me.

I meant just the bucket.but now that I think about it, that number is very doable. I picture certain removals that I would put $900 bucks on just to get it on the ground, and I could see a bucket banging them out quickly. I never work around buckets anymore. It's rare. I often forget their capabilities. I need to buy one.

I spent the day in jail.

Had to crownlift and thin some large beech trees at the grounds of a high security prison.

Since everything could pretty much be cut and chucked, I let the apprentice, Martin, do the climbing and just sat in a lawnchair in the shade all day,drinking tea and using a laser pointer to show him which branches to cut.

Tough, but someone had to do it.

Didn't get to take any pictures, obviously.

I spent the day in jail.

Had to crownlift and thin some large beech trees at the grounds of a high security prison.

Since everything could pretty much be cut and chucked, I let the apprentice, Martin, do the climbing and just sat in a lawnchair in the shade all day,drinking tea and using a laser pointer to show him which branches to cut.

Tough, but someone had to do it.

Didn't get to take any pictures, obviously.

Jail reminds of the klink which reminds of the Colonel, funny how the brain works.
Drunk in public a few times landed me in the klink. What a fool and being young can do!:dur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4r5Mnbujpc

:beer:
I won a gold medal today for procrastination!

Just got back from the coast near Santa Cruz. Felt kinda bad I forgot to get Jamie's number before I left but we were only there over night anyway. Got some good quality time with Kat and kids. They had a blast. Now chillin time. Kat had to go right back to work tonight and the kids need showers and bed time. Lots of pics to sort through. Pretty extreme going from 100 plus and dry to foggy and cold to 100 plus and dry again...:|:

Got my new baby from Carl today :D8):|:

Pics to follow. Now I just need a bigger trailer to go with it haha. The thing only fits with the grapple hanging over the front end, resting on the tool box.

It was great! Just like every other day! From the smallest job to the biggest they all make a difference! I'm new to this sight and am still trying to figure things out, so bear with me :|:

New toys ROCK!!
Didn't do Jack all day, then at five I get a call about a Jeep with a non-working blower motor! Two motors, both wrong, but it's not the motor, it's the resistor switch! She had a new one, from the dealer, but of course it wasn't the right one either! She'll be back in the am, hopefully with the right parts?
Hella nice body, and young, I told her to come back when she could stay longer and was wearing less! That might not go so well with the wife, but you know:lol:

Back