How'd it go today?

Here I was rambling on the last page about my great day and now find out Squish's isn't having a good one.

Justin sorry to hear about your back problems. Hope you get better real quick. Find a good pyshio therapist at your local hospital, if that doesn't help I know of a little Mexican woman massuese who can work wonders.:)

Sleep would be fantastic. No word on when yet, hurry-up and wait is the motto of our healthcare system I think.

Trying to just go with icing today, and no painkillers. We'll see how that works out.

Justin, sorry to hear of your pain.

Guess social medicine is strange. Did they recommend icing? Chocolate? Vanilla?

Got the last of the oak stacked and cleaned up the scraplings in the wood yard .What a mess .

Toms lady was complaining because she on occasion likes to use the weed wacker and all Tom has is those straight shaft Stihls with handle bars that weigh a freakin ton .I told her I'd fix her up with one she could handle .

I rumbled through my junk and found a little Mac 60 vintage 1981 that only tips the scales at a tad over 9 pounds .Ordered a carb kit so it'll be good to go when ever the carb kit gets here .

Well got the cat scan and a physio/massage session done.

Physio believes it to be a bad bout of tendonitis in my shoulder. He worked me over pretty good, made some progress. Cat scan results will be two days to get.

Yes icing was recommended but no heat.

Feeling alot better overall today.

Glad you're feeling better Squish.

Did my biggest removal so far where I've done all the climbing start to finish. Fairly large 32" DBH Walnut, maybe 65-70 feet tall. Was able to bomb the majority of it, and take two big tops, probably the biggest tops I've taken so far. Had to use the 660 with a 25" bar while up there, as its all we had on hand, it really weighs you down on the side you hang it off the harness. All the wood was left on site as well, for firewood and he wants to mill what he can.

Another hot one here today too. We were dying by lunch, and everyone was really dragging their feet near the end of the day. Normally the heat doesn't bother me too much, but today it got to me for some reason. Oh well, easy half day pruning job tomorrow, and Friday Carl should be up here with the Gehl, so we're gonna meet up with him.

Alrighty then I just landed the parts to rebuild the Stihl Bg -85 blower from flea bay .Once I get it going I'm going to get a gutter kit so I don't have climb up on the roof every so often to blow out the eave spouts .The kits are only 35 bucks at the Stihl dealer .:D

Hot day and day two of trying to reclaim a green zone around an old homestead. Pyracantha everywhere. Roses.. Lucust. Hardly something with out thorn. At least all we had to do is throw it over a fence and make a burn pile of it a ways out. Lady was impressed though and I get to dead wood some really nice tall oaks. My hands are sore from thorns and I am taking the kids to the coast for a couple days near Carmel.

Fell a big pondorosa pine today, then went around the lake and had a dead piss fir start to barber chair. Managed to realize what was going down and cut enough to stop the slab and hit the lay. Good lessen in hind sight when that happens

Justin, keep in mind 15 min of ice then 39 min or longer off ice! Don't numb it!
Well, another $500 in parts on the Envoy! Pads and rotors all around, brake booster and a new master cylinder rounded out the brakes. It also needed a, dealer only, $100 3ft long wire harness for the fan speed sensor! 110 mile road trip tonight with no issues! Much better than being stranded on the side of the road with the brakes locked up. Like two days ago! Envoy/Trailblazer yet another car I'll never own!

Worked a half day today. We have been pushing hard lately so I am letting off the gas today, and after a half day tomorrow. I was thinking about sitting on the processor all afternoon today but I wasn't in the mood for a face full of hydraulic oil again today. When its warm out, the hydro saw blasts a cloud of hydraulic fluid in the air everytime you make a cut. So, I bid some work, came home and mowed the lawn, and now I'm daydreaming about the upcoming hunting seasons.

Dream on my brother. I am still dreaming of Elk even know I know not this yr. I did mow a couple paths through my woods to make it a quieter walk in the morn. I love telling people stories about why I am mowing. They are horrified sometimes. Five hits on two days on my buddies barrel in Me. Lots of good pics with a 225-250 black back twice.

I backed out of going up there. My buddy can't get off of work this fall. I'm still brainstorming to come up with something though.

Decent day today, did a nice pruning job and cleaned up a broken bradford pear, done by 3, right before the storms rolled in.

Got word that a horse farm we do a lot of work at wants a huge Sycamore down, same one we've pruned heavily the last few years. Didn't even ask for a bid. Finally at the end of it's life. Should be an interesting job, lotta big, solid wood, no high rigging points or climbing TIP's for most of it, since it's so spread out. Rubber brick path on one side for the horses, 200 year old cabin on the other. Have a feeling the Gehl 340 will be a godsend for moving this wood, since we won't frig up the rubber brick. No crane access on this one either. Trunk is 6 or 7 feet across at the base.

This is where we left it last fall.

IMG_3146.jpg IMG_3148.jpg

It looks like there may be at least a little bit of room between the tree and structure, but pictures can be deceiving. Looks like a good one to double rig large sections at once, with a grcs tip tie and another line set on the butt end. Lots of control and fewer cuts. This way you can avoid extended periods of time at uncomfortable climbing angles from the low TIP. Looks like a fun one!

Back