How'd it go today?

Shoot, I've had 3 MRI's...dropped off to sleep each time. Nothing to get wigged about, imo.

But you didn't have a jacked up back that puts you in tears having to lie on it flat! I had on on my knee years ago, no biggie either, but it was another story when I had to get my back done!

Justin, best of luck with your back!

I met the city inspector at the little house I've been working on. He was there to inspect the HVAC system that was recently installed.

Yup, when he was in the attic, he stepped through the ceiling. :X The ceiling that has been textured and painted within the last 6-weeks.

Seems like everytime I make a little progress on this house, I suffer a setback of some sort.

Filling out the cities paperwork now to file a claim.

Ceiling Damage.jpg

Thanks everyone, I'm wishing for a speedy recovery too. CT scan tomorrow in the early afternoon. Doing frig all is driving me mental.

Damn, Justin. I've always thought of you as one of the indestructible treemen here. Almost a disappointment to find out you're a mere mortal like the rest of us. I hope you heal up soon.

Dennis, I could go on a rampage about your situation but I'll leave it be. Nothing good can come of it. It's just time and materials and it can be fixed. If you don't want to cut back to the studs, just lay a piece of plywood on top of the drywall between the studs and screw your patch to that. A little mud, a little texture and you're golden.

Today I did a couple removals and stayed out in the sun too long. I heat stroked a bit last week and had a headache for two days, thought I was better but today knocked me out. I drank 5 bottles of water and three Gatorades not counting the quart of iced tea at lunch. On my way home my hands began cramping so badly I was yelling out in agony and couldn't drive. I used my wrists on the steering wheel to get off the road and ate a few Advil. Finally subsided enough that I could drive the truck to the yard. Got the boxes locked but didn't get the cover on the bucket, I hope it doesn't rain tonight. I have a full schedule for the next two weeks, not counting the three calls I got today. I can't wait for October. :(

Today I did a couple removals and stayed out in the sun too long. I heat stroked a bit last week and had a headache for two days, thought I was better but today knocked me out. I drank 5 bottles of water and three Gatorades not counting the quart of iced tea at lunch. On my way home my hands began cramping so badly I was yelling out in agony and couldn't drive. I used my wrists on the steering wheel to get off the road and ate a few Advil. Finally subsided enough that I could drive the truck to the yard. Got the boxes locked but didn't get the cover on the bucket, I hope it doesn't rain tonight. I have a full schedule for the next two weeks, not counting the three calls I got today. I can't wait for October

It's a good thing you don't need a CoolVest, eh?

So, is that inspector gonna fix the hole in the ceiling? He should!!!

I could fix it myself, but I'm paying a neighbor to do it. He textured the whole house before I painted. This way, the "orange peel" texture will match when he get finished. I don't want a city "contractor" to come in and do the work.

The city should pay the bill but their "process" can take up to 90-days. It will be fixed, textured, primed, & painted before the end of this week.

It's just frustrating to take one step forward and then two steps back. One day, I want to be finished with this project.

Tough luck on that one, Dennis. What a dolt! Its amazing the amount of time it takes for us lowly peons to see results from our municipal govts, but heaven help you if you offend some bureaucrats' delicate sensibilities.

Justin sorry to hear about your shoulder, man. Hopefully the HC system comes thru for you before too long. Let me know if there is any way I can help you, brother.

I didn't do so well at the Stihl dealers looking for parts for the BG -85 nor on flea bay today .Aside from that though I did get lot done around the place .Moved about three chord of oak from the 100 footer I dropped last fall and stacked all but the last trailer load .Beer thirty at the moment .:D

I remember having an MRI once years ago ... can't remember why :|: since nothing was found.

But, I do remember getting fussed at because I fell asleep and tried to roll over ... :lol:

I don't know how ya'll slept with all that noise! It was deafening! Next time, I'm bringing MY earplugs - the ones they give you don't do squat.

I scored a good job today, posting here because I didn't take any pics for the work pictures thread. Maybe tomorrow.

Was out at cottage country and this big city guy wants all the aspens removed from his lot. 38 in all, tallest 75 ft. All I have to do is fell them and cut them up into manageable pieces for him to cleanup.

I went high in my quote and he's OK with it compared to what he's used to in the big city.
The 372XP-22" is getting a good work out. I love these jobs of just straight cutting and no cleanup. I could get soft and lazy if work like this keeps up.
:P

I was talking to someone last week that builds the machines. Pretty amazing. When they do a new installation they do a demo with a pipe wrench and a piece of plywood a couple of layers thick. They put something in front of the machine to protect it, then put the plywood ten feet away, and the wrench about 20 feet away. The pipe wrench accelerates to 600 mph in ten feet. The plywood gets destroyed, and hopefully they get their point across.

Back