How'd it go today?

But I do really want to quit. I hate it and combined with this disease/condition of my esophagus, I don't have a choice. I must quit.

You've just gotta get serious about it. Tobacco addiction is one hella monkey to have on your back.

Your missing me Butch. I am serious about it. I'm not experimenting with quitting. I'm taking it like a man as we speak. Roughing it out. This isn't a practice run.

Dude they were intense. TOO intense. When they're good, all is well. When they're bad, well, sleep becomes a scary proposition.

I woke up ten times, freaking out.

Whutta rush!

It's legal LSD, if you sleep on it.

If you put it on when you get up, by the time you go to bed, it's about worn out. You can safely leave it on, that way.

I split some wood today. Not much, a cord or so. Waiting on a sprocket for the processor to get here. I'm shocked how quickly wood is drying this year. It's been hot and dry and my piles are out on an old airport runway so they get full sun and a hot breeze on them around the clock just about. I can see a difference week to week to he honest. It's been a great year for seasoning firewood.

I quit cold turkey. No hero here as it was only three yrs, but previous attempts failed hard. Every time I tried I came back. What finally got me was a couple of girls at the bar. My bud and I sat down for a beer after work and in come two sweeties, it was tourist season here so we were on patrol, we had no sooner got our brews when these two light up. We looked at each other and said YUCK, ironically with a butt in each of our hands. We both quit that day. It's been 22 yrs this summer. Chris you can do it! And you'll have to if you want to hit the steep and deep of Elk country, trust me.

Tobacco is so out of date.

It's like cocaine in soda pop... it just ain't around no more.

It's funny you say that. I was drinking some soda 2 years ago and noticed coca leaf in the ingredients. Not cocaine, of course. But coca leaf.

Working on converting a garden cart in to a Princess wagon for the Northwest String Summit next weekend. Room for two, padding, canopy, curtains, and the insert plywood box will come out for use in camp, while allowing the cart to be used to haul camping gear from the car to the campground a bit of a distance away.

...I mean its a tax deductible work wagon for hauling gear and firewood;).

When did they go to wired steering Al? That just plain scares me.

Peugeot, 2008 I think? They used a joy stick where the shift lever would be. It wasn't a big seller!

Put down 220 pavers for edging around a flower bed, I don't think I need to say more!

I don't think so, most still have linkage to the gear box, but most have an electronic ring to help with power steering compensation.
The throttle is set so if anything in the system fails it goes to "limp mode" 2000 rpm, no way to limp with a steering failure!

Day 2 of my holiday and my shoulder is still vised right up on me. I've been eating robaxacet platinums like candy and still can't get any relief. I can't belive the timing of this. Sucks.

Back