How'd it go today?

Common mistakes on too many jobsites, unfortunately. If you don't set the blower in the street behind the truck tire, it won't get run over.

Common mistakes on too many jobsites, unfortunately. If you don't set the blower in the street behind the truck tire, it won't get run over.

too true. just yesterday the other crew managed to run over a hardhat (nice petzle) and a shovel, separately, by different guys, after almost running over a saw:|:.

I learned all about GMC Envoy's today! DON'T buy one! Or the Chevy equivalent! Water pump, thermostat, throttle pedal sensor and cleaned the throttle body. Yes, I said throttle pedal position sensor! Someone at Chevy thinks a "drive by wire" system is the ticket! No throttle cable, just a sensor, wires and an accuater to open and close the throttle plate! I stumped most of the parts guys trying to find it even!
Only took six hours in labor, two was getting the damn fan off! And it was only 106 today, it dropped with the cloud cover this am! Stupid cars!

Thank for all the well wishes and prayers guys, We really appreciate it. Going to find out on Mon when the surgery is. It's been a rough 2 years. I had hernia surgery, had a little bout with some skin cancer, and the wife broke her leg when she was 8 months pregnant. So hopefully this will be the end of all that for a while. On the up side, got a present from the postman yesterday! I ordered some new prussic cord, and chipper blades. So now I can learn to foot lock, and have a new set of backup blades for the chipper! Thanks again guys.
Jeff

Most drivers don't even know what a carburetor is these days.

Keihin%2032CVK%20Service%20049.jpg

Had a big week again, just had a quiet day. Made some beer and did some housework.

Electricity has taken over in vehicles. For quite awhile now. Makes some repairs much easier, but much harder to diagnose.

Yeah, but being charming and handsome meant nothing to that gaff.. Careful Dylan ;)
I am starting to wonder if my gaffs will even remember me. I almost put them on to set lines in the tree, but my throws were good. I thought I heard a lonely sigh coming from behind the seat :lol:

Hey hey hey, dont get the wrong idea! I slipped on my truck and fell on the expanded metal rack...:|:

I don't give jobs back. It undermines the sound decision that was made in the best interest of my business in the first place. It's like saying "I was wrong". When its over, its over. Now, should a good employee quit to pursue a better opportunity, and decide to return, id think it over and decide.

On that throttle on vehicles it's been pretty much electronic control since probabley 2000 or before .10 years before that since carbs were used .

My 1st day off and my shoulder seized up on me bigtime. I was worried for a bit today that I had torn something somehow in my shoulder. But it turns out to just be some crazy tight muscles cinched down on everything. Sucks, kinda screwed up some of my plans today, like swimming in the lake with my kid. I've never really had a problem like this before. Crazy tendonitis and circulatory issues in my hands forever now, but I deal with that. This was like a giant vise just squeezing my shoulder hard. 1st for me and I'm sure hoping for no repeats. I drink a ton of water and stretch quite regularly but I think the heat/stress of this last stretch and leading up to the excitement of my week off pushed the stress level over the top. I worry the small details to much which is a blessing and a curse.

Smoker? Or ex hopefully for you?

I've never smoked cigarettes, waste of lung and life imo.

I mean I tried them when I was like 10 or something but I didn't like it right off the bat.

I'm in the process of quitting. It's not as fun as it sounds. It's been 12 years on the smokes minus boot camp.

I used the patch for a long time. One week? WHAT are you hoping would happen?

Did you read the instructions?

I don't think I've ever read instructions in my life Butch. I just want to get this over with. I dont really like the patch. It gives me a headache and i fell asleep with it on one night and had WILD dreams. Maybe i will go back on the patch. I'm just trying to get this over with and not drag it out.

Back