How'd it go today?

Did they check to make sure ALL the tools you brought in went back out with you?

We were checked going in and out, yes.

But since I had the dogs sitting in the truck bed all day, nothing disappeared.
At one time Sam started barking, so I ran over to check. Turned out a guy had walked up to him, to try to pet him.
You can't do that when he is on guard duty.
The guy told me he just missed dogs, so I let Sam jump out of the truck, so they could interact.

When I tell him it is OK, he is everybody's best friend:)

I hadn't thought about that before. I guess they don't allow dog visits in jail. That would be rough. Dogs are special. Must be something in our DNA from our ancestors, eh?

I was in a softball league and played a prison team, once. Did NOT like it! That door is LOUD when it slams shut, ain't it? :\:

It's cooled down a lot from a few weeks ago .The rain patterns around the great lakes are much like the snow storms .As a result of basically a large land locked inland seas the patterns can circle the big lakes sucking up moisture at every pass and depositing rain once they hit land fall .They like to circle in a counter clockwise direction maybe several times . Every so often they veer off north east and drown the folks on the upper east coast .

The woods are pretty wet today so I think I'll rebearing one of my Stihl 200 T's .About an hour ,hour and a half at best .

Cat scan results will be two days to get.

So how'd they go, hope it's a bit better. Mine has gone out in sympathy.

Been flat out the last couple of months and no problems since last year, then that rotator cuff thing just turned up again yesterday. :saywhat:Must be the weather.

I know all about the rotator cuff business .It seems inactivity is about the worse thing you can do .---yes BTW you can just about predict the weather if you have the affiction .Kind of sucks but just the way it is .

Seems like I just can't go anywhere and come back to anything just status quo. Phone rings when I no sooner got home (I had noticed the F350 was still not home yet) and the F350 had a flat tire in the AM and is still on the job site. Rob got a ride home to pick up the Datsun and a spare and moved the truck and chipper to clients property behind a gate. Hey.. Sux, need to order some tires anyway. Kind of interrupts my morning, but no biggie. Dude about loses a tire a year for me one way or another. He comes to pick me up to take me and says Datsun was low on oil and water as was the F350 when he picked it up. Open hood. Looks like we lost a seal or gasket on the Datsun. Go pick up Ford anyway. Ford running hot on the way home... I am a tad concerned. I got ready to open the hood to check on fluids in case Rob forgot something, hood release looks like it was about torn off. .. WTF!!!:X Talk to Rob.. "Oh, I was a bit in a hurry trying to check the fluids maybe I pulled too hard, but I don't remember breaking it". :roll: He calls here as I am looking for the part. I mention it was running hot and that is why I saw the handle broken, "well, I put water in it, but maybe forgot to check the oil." :what: I swear to the Gods! There are times I never want to take any time off unless I send people to go take thier own time off so I can sit and relax at home and not have to worry about the inevitability of coming back to this bull shat.

Sorry, Venting. Back to the regular scheduled programming.
Seriously ... WTF????

It's all good, it's all good! People wonder why I drink Stephan!:lol:

The girl with the Jeep came back this am, unfortunately she wasn't wearing less, but looked good any way:D Got the part in around 20 min, charged her $50 and felt guilty at that, but she was happy, and it works!
Been trying to find a decent car scan tool, needed one for years, but hate to spend the money! Found a guy on Craigslist with a nice Matco unit, $450 tool new, tried to talk him down but I don't have enough cash in my pocket. But I have a shot gun he's REALLY interested in! As I don't hunt anymore, and have more shot guns than I really need, it might work out alright for everyone!
Just chilling and waiting for the other shoe to drop tonight! I'm ready for this day to be over with!

Geeze after I repaired the 200T I spent that rest of afternoon fiddling with a weed wacker .

That old SOB about gave me fits but I finally got it .Serves me right I guess .I hadn't used it for 20 years and only paid about 3 bucks for it at a garage sale to begin with .

Ha! Got me a new scan tool! Matco MD1052, for a shot gun I got for free, just cleaned and painted it camo! He was happy as a pig in slop! Maybe the curse is breaking?

Yeah I know! I was pushing my luck with the last post! Little more than six hours to go! Nobody has left their spouse yet, that's a good start!

Well....... I found a hood release cable assembly local at the towing yard. $20.00 and I had to pull it. Dodged getting bit a rattle snake and got the deed done. Nuttin like pulling parts on a truck in high grass. Alternative for a new one was 72.00 and I had to send for it or bid on a cheaper one on Ebay.. If I need one again, I will probably spend 16.00 on some hood pins.
I serviced the pressure washer for myself and Kat. Unfortunately I broke the vented filler on the pump:|:
Stuffed a rag in it to wash the Datsun engine bay and the camp stove. JB weld should work until I get a new one sent to me.
Datsun, can't find a leak to save my life. Stayed clean as a whistle under high rev and idle for 20 minutes. I noticed the air cleaner nut was undone and left on top. He had spilled some on the side and back. I am willing to bet he also did not get the oil cap on the valve cover real tight.
I am so done fixing crap today.

Just chilling on my last day off. My shoulder is healing up but slower now, still definetly mending. I'd call it maybe 75% at this point. I'll be at work tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

I'm expecting the cat-scan results tomorrow hopefully.

Had my computer crash and had to do a full recovery on it, lost a bunch of stuff and was off-line for a couple of days.

Not at all. It wouldn't print so I shut-down and re-started and windows wouldn't load up? Wouldn't/couldn't start in safe-mode or any other mode I could figure?

I'm about to start degreasing, grinding/sanding, & priming my chipper. It's overdue for paint. White metal, black engine, hoses, wheels. I've always had all my trucks white cab with black bodies. I figure the chipper would look sexy if it matched.

I had good intensions of moving some heavy oak logs out of the woods .Seems all my railroad ties are out at my shop which I need a few to crib up over the trailer wheels to get a log loaded .Sooo,another day .

I did test out the old Mac weed wacker I fiddled with yesterday and it fired on 4 so that's good enough .It should work out real well for Toms' lady who is a small woman .

Picked up my 16 foot trailer today with new fenders on it. Anchor rings next and then planking. Traded some work for the fenders and welding. I will do the same for the rest of the progect and maybe even get some skid steer time from it.

Glad you're doing better Justin.

Easy day off for the most part today. Went and picked some stuff up from lowes for some projects, greased the Gehl and dump trailer for tomorrow, finished up getting all the saws ready to go for this week. Lot of removals and other jobs we've been putting off till the Gehl got here lined up for the next week or two. Looking forward to it!

Went over to my French restaurant owner neighbor's house to whack a few White Birch. It was late in the day and after, he said he had arranged some things to eat in his kitchen, but let's have some drinks, wine or beer? After some great food, moved on into some rather rare sake he had. Got home at 10:30 and my wife with dinner waiting and the wtf look. No problem, the first time I had a heater going in quite awhile. It's all business. :D

Pulled my first shift as a cadet today at the local fire station. Started fire academy last week. Class on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings till November. Have to pull three shifts a month doing ride alongs. And maybe I will get a job with them someday....at least I get certified as a Firefighter I if I can make it through it all.. Wish me luck!

Back