How'd it go today?

I'm head over heels!

23sw35z.jpg

Took down half of a hemlock; the other half had been taken down years ago and a concretion had been placed in the decayed hollow of the main crotch.
My 346XP ran well and it was down in half an hour. The young fellow I was working with had a 200T that wouldn't idle, and smelled like it had a gas leak.
From the talk here I know they have carb issues... is that where I should start? Or should I just send it to you in Ohio, Al?

Hey Justin, wanna loaner Wraptor till your shoulder heals up??

That is a generous offer, one day I will get the money aside to buy one and I'm sure at that point I'll wonder why the hell I didn't sooner.

I'm hydrated again, caught up on almost all my calls and looking to hit the sack early tonight.

Took down half of a hemlock; the other half had been taken down years ago and a concretion had been placed in the decayed hollow of the main crotch.
My 346XP ran well and it was down in half an hour. The young fellow I was working with had a 200T that wouldn't idle, and smelled like it had a gas leak.
From the talk here I know they have carb issues... is that where I should start? Or should I just send it to you in Ohio, Al?

Mine wouldn't idle and I did the fix that Marc-Antoine described here. Worked great....It's easy. Good luck! Mine never smelled like gas though.

Uncovered a rats nest today...big rats, about one foot from head to tail. Started my chainsaw and they started running out on the palm fronds. I'm happy they like to run from me and not jump in my face!

They can rough Butch. One time I had a check for 12,000 in 7 days. Another time I took months to get 600. It caused a falling out at one point. The bridge has been mended, and today was our first try at doing business again.

Uncovered a rats nest today...big rats, about one foot from head to tail. Started my chainsaw and they started running out on the palm fronds. I'm happy they like to run from me and not jump in my face!

We have wood rats here like that. WHen you are cuting around their nest/den they have made of sticks, they often come running out. I often just light the nests during burn season as part of my rat relocation program. They often just move in witha cousin down the slope or something. Better they run than get sliced by the saw.

Today came and went. Got paid. They want more days on my schedule. Finished the day with yarding downed trees out of a creek bed full of blackberries. Actully got to much some trees on the place. Something I recommended to them last year on an Ash that is in trouble. Left the chips we made to do more in the future. It got hot and we called it done. Came home to see Kat off to work. Kids and I will roast some hot dogs out back tonight for dinner :)

Easy day here thanks to the 340. We got a late start due to rain, first job we took down a good sized Silver Maple, bid for half a day, but were in and out in 2 hours. Then it was off to finish picking up a big burr oak we did yesterday, had to use the forks, pieces were a good 5' across at places. End total for this tree was 4 1/2 very full trailer loads of wood, plus a chip truck full of wood as well.

Some people invited me to a party, their house sits in front of a river where the municipality puts on a big fireworks show. A lot of folks there and top notch fireworks, but all these people were coming up to me wanting to try out their English, or have their kids try it out, and it's pretty much a guarantee that the English is barely existent and sucks. The kids may know three words... I arrived late hot and sweaty on my bike and they quickly started in. My friends know better. It can piss me off that people don't leave me alone about it. Poor social skills, I tell ya.

Dennis, yeah, she was invited, but I couldn't coordinate it with her, there was no time. I was working and just headed over from the shop.

Well, I nailed on a square and a half of shingles today, the first I've nailed in over a year. Got two sides of my shop roof covered. Gotta tear the north side off tomorrow and get it framed and decked, then roof it and the slope above. (It's a gambrel-style roof).

I haven't worked in a week now, but I'm catching up around here.....sorta.

Top Notch,
Thanks, I'll take a look at the link from Marc Antoine. Turns out his younger brother admitted dropping it, too.
He pressed him for more info when he realized it left with a well-used 14" bar and came back with a new 16" bar...

re: 200T "Mine wouldn't idle and I did the fix that Marc-Antoine described here (https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?14945-carb-repair-for-the-ms-200T).
Worked great....It's easy. Good luck! Mine never smelled like gas though."

I need to do something. I mean the people aren't bad intentions, it just doesn't occur to them that I might no want to be bothered, especially when having my dinner and drinking a beer. Pretty difficult to figure that, I guess. I lose my appetite, frig it.

Back