How'd it go today?

Sorry to hear about the bum shoulder, Squish.

Didn't get to try the tube slide as we were with the kidlets, but had a blast. Funny thing is just as we pulled our kids outta the van a couple of our friends park right beside us and unload their kid, small world. Just got back from a post dinner ice cream and lake swim, tough life here in paradise!

today was pretty good. Slept in till 0800, 5 fruit breakfast then a roadsie to my inlaws place to get them and Bub. We all went to the Squamish logger sports days competition and had a hoot watching all the events. Meantime I met one of the guys from Sawdogs, and we got to see a great firefighting helo demonstration (youtube link to follow).

Attachments

• 101_2460.jpg
    101_2460.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 101_2459.jpg
    101_2459.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 101_2437.jpg
    101_2437.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 13
I guess the rain stopped.8)

attachment.php

In a short I'm going to make a run to my favorite Stihl dealer in search of a blown engine BG-55-65 or 85 .I fired up the one Toms' boys squashed and it runs okay on a prime .From what I gather all three of those blowers use the same sizes of shrouding .If nothing I can always land a dead one from flea bay .

Well. Not so good news for me. The doc thinks it's a herniated disc in my c-spine. Seems odd to me, never had upper back issues at all, but the pain/stiffness isn't going away. I've been shot-up with morphine and muscle relaxants (yesterday) and still I'm suffering. Can't lie down flat, no pain or sign of anything on my spine at all, hoping to get in for a cat-scan early this week.

Fantastic week off so far. Lol.

I had it just figured as insanely tight muscles in my shoulder/neck/back but they've been tight since saturday morning and haven't released still. I've never had muscles stay tight that long espescially with the onslaught of drugs and massage that they've been given. So I guess it must be something causing it?

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Justin. If they want to do any serious work on you, make sure you get a second opinion. Sometimes they get it wrong! ... wishing you the best.

Very sorry to hear this Justin! An MRI is the ticket for getting it looked at, just get loaded on pain killers before hand, you will be in a VERY uncomfortable position for 20-30min, longer if you move, as I did! The table is hard as a rock, and cold so you will tense up, making it hurt worse. Just trying to let you know a bit of what to prepare for!

Sleep would be fantastic. No word on when yet, hurry-up and wait is the motto of our healthcare system I think.

Trying to just go with icing today, and no painkillers. We'll see how that works out.

Back