How'd it go today?

I don't imagine that sucks that's for sure! Some of my earlier jobs were working on a dairy farm, or a short stint in a sawmill. Doesn't quite compare to your other careers I think.

The ocean scares me. I've been all over our coast, I'll swim it no problemo with a wetsuit which I had while I worked over there. But I've never been way out into the sea, out of sight of land more than once, but never way out or across.

I used to have fun snorkeling around the legs of an offshore rig, WAY back before they'd stop you from doing that. I was once face to face with a 6' barracuda. We BOTH shat our skivvies!

Gotta love tree work.

Good day today, did a quick removal, and pruned 2 good sized trees as well, along with some other stuff. Got off about an hour early, since the heat and humidity are really bad here this week, sucks big time. Came home to find my new intake for the GTi, so I waited till it cooled down and installed that, sounds a lot better and it added some hp and torque as well.

Nice. I got my new tires/wheels for my z on Monday. 19", just perfect the offsets/sizes I ordered. It was due for tires and for not much more than I could put new 17" tires onto the stock rims locally I could order 19"s from down south shipped to a depot within 20mins from my house. I saved probably $1500 over buying local. I feel badly a bit but it was the tire guy that I've dealt with for years and years who turned me onto it, he bought rims for his z from the same place even though he owns a chain of tires stores it was cheaper for him to get the rims from the USA for retail and shipping.

They shipped mounted and balanced, ready to bolt on.

Jellyfish was my biggest worry diving. Those and sharks, which I didn't care for at all. I did shifts with divers and they said sharks were wussies, for the most part. Not a single attack ever reported by a working diver, so far. They'd jump right in, on top of them.

Not me, but their actions DID make me a 'lil brave...

Sounds awesome Squish, I'm either gonna get the new wheels and tires next or a new exhaust along with the stage 2 ecu upgrade. Bet your z looks great with the 19"s man.

We just got back from taking a sight-seeing flight. My middle daughter turned 17 Tuesday, and presently has a craze for flying. I decided to take her (and her sisters) for a surprise flight. We flew over the house and took a few photos. It was getting rather hot before we got done!

I asked the pilot to let her handle the controls for a few minutes, and he was kind enough to do so.

422c582e.jpg

ac9c3a0b.jpg

1241db08.jpg

5f48a597.jpg

My house is near center of the first pic (actually, my outstanding burn pile remains are in the center):lol:. My house is the one with three dormers. My dad's house is the one across the road with the brown roof. You can see evidence of his gardening exploits in all the plowed ground.

The next two pics are of kinfolks' houses/farm across the hollow from us. I snapped several more pics of my house, but they didn't turn out too good.

She must have enjoyed that no end.
I remember getting to try the controls of a small plane like that once, how much fun that was.

What are those long sheds, for drying tobacco or something like that?

Yep, they're broiler houses. The one in the first pic is my dad's. We've been out of that business for near 20 years. The others in the other pics are my cousin's and uncle's. They're also now defunct, though one of them has a couple of houses still in operation a couple of miles away.

Back