How'd it go today?

We've got warnings up, too. It got dark and 'rumbly'. Just went and tied down the stuff on the porch ... AGAIN ... been doing that a lot this season. :roll:

Beautiful looking place Scott! I'd have the same plan as you if I were there. Well I actually have the same plan but here where I'm at.

I feel the same, no noise or other activity or neighboring lights at night is by far my preference. When I go outside at night, I like it dark. When they started building up around my shop, I was depressed for weeks. I hate it now when people leave their porch lights on, hell, nobody is coming over.

Thanks, Justin! It's peaceful and quiet. I like sitting out on the porch at night, and it actually being dark. My folks have a yard light, so I don't have complete darkness, but it's dark enough. We go walking up the road at night sometimes. Nice to be able to see the stars. Sometimes less than a dozen cars a day go by.

Took a front wheel off last night to paint it. Let it dry all night. Forget to put that fella back on there this morning.
IMAG0584.jpg

I backed right off that jack. I typically use jack stands, but didn't have them handy last night. Plus, I wasn't working under the truck, so I wasn't worried about it. Even with jackstands I would have had the same result. I dropped so hard I hit my head on the steering wheel. Funny now, but I was heated at the time.

Fortunately the wheel was a success. My wife was mad at me this morning and I believe she laughed her ass off at the kitchen window.

Ive decided that a black hardhat in the summer heat is slowly cooking my brain. New white helmet should be here Tuesday. The black one was almost to hot to touch after working in the blazing sun all day.

The job started off shady and went to desert conditions right quick!!!

I'm hopping a plane to Florida to pick up my new to me truck! And some much needed rest.

Back