How'd it go today?

Dude that's awesome, time to wake the dead.
I have two smallish oaks, a cherry, and a silver maple spar to remove it should be a long but easy day.

Ive decided that a black hardhat in the summer heat is slowly cooking my brain. New white helmet should be here Tuesday. The black one was almost to hot to touch after working in the blazing sun all day.

The job started off shady and went to desert conditions right quick!!!

I'm hopping a plane to Florida to pick up my new to me truck! And some much needed rest.
Better call me! Is this the one in Ft Myers? You'll be coming back right by my door.

Weird day. Got a call about a tree uprooted and about to smash down on some historic houses. Jumped right at it. I get there and its owned by Bronson Pinchot from the old tv show Perfect Strangers. He has a new tv series about restoring old houses in rural PA. We had to sign waivers allowing them to film the take.down for their tv show. The news crews arrived and filmed us for quite a long time and interviewed me. Bronson talked with me for a bit on camera for his show. He mostly made fun of me in a pretty cool and hilarious way. It was my 3rd storm tree of the day. Tornado in the region last night. My little legs have had enough gaffs for one day.

This is after I got 3/4 of the top out.
IMAG0590.jpg

I should. I did a portion of the tree close to the road out of a Genie lift that happened to be on sight. I hated that thing. It was the scissoring kind with a million controls that aggravated me. I had a guy come up with me and work the controls so I could do my thing. That all cramped my style big time.

Bronson made fun of my forestry helmet on camera like crazy. I was secretly salty about that. I have a red Jonsered helmet with a screen and muffs that ive been to war in many times. When I put that helmet on I go into my zone. The helmet jokes were rough. When I go back Monday to get the log down I'm going to settle the score on camera somehow. Maybe ill mock his huge belly?

Today was 'deja vu':
I repurchased my 1990 F Super Duty from the landscaper who bought it in 2007. Yesterday I installed new brake lines, today two new tires, re-wired the lift pump so it'll dump, power washed the whole thing, painted over their signage on the tailgate, and tomorrow will repair the exhaust system.
It's old, but that 7.3L IDI diesel will still haul a lot; 133k miles on it, and the transmission was rebuilt...

Arrived back to a nice 65 degrees in Seattle, after leaving Oklahoma from a week's visit with the in-laws, where it was 107 at 9pm in OKC. Supposed to get hotter.

Quick trip up to Witchita, overnight to see one set of great grandparents with Dahlia. Saw the other great grand parents, et al, around OKC.

3 grand parents met her here earlier. Spend more time with A's Ps, out Shawnee-way for the rest of the nights.

Back