How'd it go today?

Yep, our religion doesn't allow us to look at male asses, amongst countless other things.

When my neighbour's daugther had finished stacking all my firewood and had run a weedeater over the entire property, she asked if I had any more work for her to do.

So we took her out in the woods and strapped a weedeater on her back for a week.
This girl can work!

After an 8 hr day in the woods, she asked me if she could wash my truck ( I had told her, I'd pay her $ 50 to give my truck a thorough clean up, since I never get around to doing it myself, and it bothers me to drive a dirty truck).

So she spent the evening cleaning my truck and still showed up next morning, all brighteyed and bushytailed.
( turned out she needed the 50 bucks for a pair of black shoes for a waitressing gig at a wedding on one of our countless castles this weekend).

She has really impressed the hell out of us all with her ability to work hard, and, honestly, you don't often see a bunch of loggers being impressed by a 17 year old girl.:)

P1020109.JPG

I'd give my left arm for a teen that worked like that around here, male or female. Sounds like you've found some great help as of late Stig. Good for you.

Love hearing about young folks that are go getters. Maybw she'll apprectice for ya Stig. Not that any of the rest of the crew would get any work done :lol:

She is off to college, or rather the Danish equivalent, Stephen.
But we told her that if she ever tires of academa, there'll be a place for her with us:)
She is a rare one, for sure.

Speaking of young go getters, Natalie came and split wood with me this morning. She busted her little butt. She throws(drags) split pieces onto the pile. We quit early because her new work boots were digging into her heels and she was limping. She earned a $10 dollar bill which she has added to her piggy bank of firewood money. She claims she is saving up for a Ford that dumps logs.
IMAG0581.jpg

I've had a lot of fords. A lot. Never had problems. That whole Ford sucks, Chevy sucks gig is primarily based on egos and misinformation.

I will say this, you dont become and maintain the status of being the #1 selling truck company in America for decades on end by selling junk. I won't discredit another brand, as I think Chevy trucks are 1st class trucks. But I do know, Ford has a loooooong record of financial success based on truck sales. Not car sales.

I am waiting to see if Seth will take me up on making some money on wood.. I have about 8 cord of pine I told him that if he split it, loaded it in the trailer 1/2 cord at a time; I would put a for sale sign on the trailer and park it on the corner and he could keep the money (75.00 per load less gas to deliver) as people buy it. So far he has only split about 1/16th of a cord :( He saved up for that ZOOM pad and has not made any effort since save for a few bucks for apps. :(

No chimney hazard if you burn it RIGHT!

Plenty of air.

My blower fed furnace will burn any kind of wood completely clean.
You can't see any smoke at all, once it is at full working temperature, only a heat shimmer above the chimney.

I can adjust the air supply to fit the water content in the wood, but since all my wood is at least 2 years old ( first year split and airdried outside, second year airdried under a roof) I don't have to.

Well, the fact that you don't have winters would probably explain that.
Here, anything that can be burned, is.

I burn it. No hazard. Has to be dried longer then most hardwoods. Burns fast. I like to keep some around for getting the stove hot quickly in the morning.

No chimney hazard if you season it & clean the chimney well every year

Exactly!

Well, the fact that you don't have winters would probably explain that.
Here, anything that can be burned, is.

HAHA YUP....

I burn it. No hazard. Has to be dried longer then most hardwoods. Burns fast. I like to keep some around for getting the stove hot quickly in the morning.

Exactly.. We have a lot of cold mornings you would not want to burn oak or high BTU wood on as the house would be too hot by noon... Just take the edge off.

Back