How'd it go today?

Cats don't seem to climb trees around my neighborhood. Never seen or heard of one doing it. With all the fox around now, they should probably consider it as an option.

Excellent point, B. The monkeys would no doubt severely frighten a cat with their very untrustworthy looking red faces and long teeth. Even with humans, if they got the mind to gang up, it could be serious.

Nasty wind storm ,90 plus MPH straight line winds .Trees down every where and lots of power outages .

We were without power for about 20 hours .Several trees down on my property which will take me about two days to get cleaned up .

They say in some areas it could be up to a week to get the lights back on .

I'll take some of that!

Taking it easy today, stained some things in the basement, Dad finished up installing an access panel in a wall down here so we can get this small room here done. Everyone stayed inside to beat the heat for the most part today.

That is the first time someone has had the nerve to talk about a blowout sale on clothes at the mall.

I'm stunned. I'm going to go start a thread on deer hunting to offset that post.:)

I don't think a discussion of malls should only be restricted to the clothes there, jmo though. The orange julius people aren't merely twiddling their thumbs.

I don't go to the mall, EVER. It's not a matter of being a tough guy. The air inside burns my eyes, and it seems to me that the mall is a magnet for discourteous people and teens. Plus, last time I was there, this dude in a kiosk that sells hand softening creams pushed as issue with me. As I walked by he waltzed right to me and shot some cream right on my hand, without asking, then tried rubbing it around. I was like "whoa whoa man. No. Not interested." He kept trying to get at my hands. I honestly thought about open hand smacking his face. My smarter side told me not to. But damn, its just not ok to put lotion on people without asking and then pushing the issue with skin contact. After that, I just decided the mall isn't for me.

I just don't enjoy them. I am a sucker for the food courts though. I hear that Chinese lady yell "Fwee sampull!!" and I go running towards her. Mmmm Mmmm mmmm.

I washed all the pots at a mall food court once. If pot washing was an olympic event, I might have proudly represented the United States. Refried bean's pots, c'mon bring it! Steam still gets me excited.

There are definitely advanced techniques in any manual trade, even what may appear to some to be the most lowly. White collars likely don't understand that so well. It isn't just the techniques either, also knowing when to use them.

For LOL's, we'd pack the cutlery WAY TIGHT before sending them through the machine, then do it twice. They'd be red hot and we'd laugh watching them pulling that hot stuff out...

Ha.

The real problem with some of those jobs is your fellow employees. Manuel thought it would save himself a few steps by throwing the broken ice cream sunday dish all the way across the kitchen into the dumpster, instead of walking over and deftly dropping it in. Of course it hit me in the eye, then my day ended in surgery

Nasty wind storm ,90 plus MPH straight line winds .Trees down every where and lots of power outages .

We were without power for about 20 hours .Several trees down on my property which will take me about two days to get cleaned up .

They say in some areas it could be up to a week to get the lights back on .

Glad you're okay, Al.

After our last little storm, we were without power for about 14 hours. I had been planning on getting a generator for the longest, but once a storm/outage was over, I'd just forget it again. I saw one on the side of the road a couple of weeks ago. Brand new Troybilt, 6000 watt, 8250 surge watts. Guy only wanted $500 for it, so I latched on to it. Still not looking forward to an outage, but it will be nice to be able to take a shower and keep the freezers running.

Scott, I have one about that size and had my electrician neighbor wire up a plug at the meter/main breaker. Now I can flip the breaker from the power grid and then plug the generator into the house. If I turn off all the 220 breakers then it will run everything else within reason. Nice being able to still flip on a light switch instead of using flashlights.

I have a nice 5 KW generater .Had I have known the power would have been off so long I'd have used it .

In other news I stuck the muffler back on that 50 dollar special 024 I landed a week ago .Made some limbing cuts a few minutes ago on a toppled tree which is one of my tasks for the day .Really all considered for a little bitty saw it really isn't that bad and it's light as a feather too boot .Sure is lighter than trying to use one of those 038's over my head .That little pup is really the only 3 cuber I own excepting an 028 which certainly weighs a lot more .

Got to trot to Lowes to get a new pressure switch for the water pump then play tree trimmer the rest of the day .

Brian, that's known around here as a suicide cord. In the hands of morons, they've caused a lot problems. I had a 50 footer made last year.

Back