How'd it go today?

Once out of a muddy field it was, big Oak. It is seldom that there isn't access by a vehicle of one sort or another to get out logs, or a winch line to drag them to where they need to be for the prefectural borer infestation contracts. The capstan winch is great for that. Fat wood for my own use as firewood when splitting, I muscle it generally unthankfully.

Well Tom gets into some giant oaks at times it takes a skid loader just to move the rounds .One person can't even roll a chunk,it takes 4 people to get that job done .

I have no idea what a 3.5 -4 foot diameter piece of oak 16-18" long weighs but it's a bunch .It would be enough to break a leg if it fell over on you .

What this guy ,all 165 pounds of him .He was on here under the user name Alpine

Attachments

• Toms big ash 002.jpg
    Toms big ash 002.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 16
Worked solo last two days on some hanger and mistletoe removal. Lady is having a couple events in her back patio area and wants it tidied up. So I climb 1/2 the day and drag and chip the other half. Weird working alone. Had Levi with me. He seems to enjoy helping with chipping and some dragging. Just different for me where I would normally have a groundie (Rob) working with me. Peaceful though. Lost my dang Rx glasses though :( Guess I will be needing a new pair.

Yesterday I pummeled two 36" DBH Red Oak in the 65' range. I returned today to grind stumps and pick up the firewood. Only problem, someone stole all the wood. I figure 4-5 cord of wood. I gave the HO a deal on the job as I already sold the wood. I got screwed big time today by some POS thief. Whatever, they must really be hurting to steal wood that was stacked in the backyard in log length next to my Boxer. At least they didn't take the machine. Tomorrow is another day. Time for some Patron.

Well Tom gets into some giant oaks at times it takes a skid loader just to move the rounds .One person can't even roll a chunk,it takes 4 people to get that job done .

I have no idea what a 3.5 -4 foot diameter piece of oak 16-18" long weighs but it's a bunch .It would be enough to break a leg if it fell over on you .

1,649 lbs. give or take...

Yesterday I pummeled two 36" DBH Red Oak in the 65' range. I returned today to grind stumps and pick up the firewood. Only problem, someone stole all the wood. I figure 4-5 cord of wood. I gave the HO a deal on the job as I already sold the wood. I got screwed big time today by some POS thief. Whatever, they must really be hurting to steal wood that was stacked in the backyard in log length next to my Boxer. At least they didn't take the machine. Tomorrow is another day. Time for some Patron.

They used the Boxer to load the wood and then politely put it back where they found it. :)

I've got a call in to the HO and an email as well. He is a doctor in Boston and as I know it this is his third house. None the less, you are prob right. Shot number two...

I do agree with Brian. The homeowner was in on selling your wood out from under you.

I would tell him his good price on the removal was based on you removing the wood and disposing of it (selling it yourself). The $$$ he got for the wood belong to you.

Both the email and phone message conveyed that perfectly clear as politely as one pissed off motha****er could do so. Like Butch said keep on keeping on,there are more fish to fry. And I will fry

Solved. The HO told someone to come get the wood as he didn't want it. It went to some elderly woman who heats with electricity. If the story is true so be it. On to the next one.

I almost wouldn't put anything beyond firewood thieves. The need for it can make them crazy. Locked gates if nobody is around...no prob.

Sorry guys. I guess she has electric heat but cannot afford it so she has a wood stove and a grandson who splits the wood. Lesson learned, no wood on the job site anymore.

Do what you want about that firewood .Nobody in these parts figures salvaged wood as a discount on the job .They either want the stuff or you haul it if not and no discount period .

B, why doesn't Harlan run the bucket, is he running around doing other things?

Yep, that ALC is a serious TD machine. We craned away a big dead elm with my ALC today, effortless.

Back