How'd it go today?

It has been the mildest winter I remember. Hardly any cold weather at all. Got plumb hot today doing a little trimming and taking down a very dead red oak. Sweat...oh how I dread it!

It's just one of those oddities .To the south ,Ky. etc they've gotten snow,east coast too but it missed us nearly all year .They say Europe has been getting hammered this winter .

Feels like winter is just getting started here. Just a teaser though, supposed to be like 70 over the week end:|:

Got out today as the rain snow mix held off where we were at. 1200 feet up at my house it did not. Got a lot done and we are almost finished with the brush out phase of that account. Probably 3 more days of it. Then we move into actual tree work on a scheduled budget. Sweet. I hate that slope :|:

Same here. Ac was rocking when I got home. I don't think we had a half dozen below freezing nights this winter. I wonder where that leaves us for summer???

Speaking of which ,electric bill.I've been wondering for some time why it's been so high .

It turns out those dumb asses from the Ohio PUCO granted AEP some unGodly amount of increase by not paying attention .After tens of thousands of protests they claim the governer ruled they must roll back the prices .Knowing what a coniving SOB he is I doubt that ever happens though .

I would kill right now to be having 80 degree days. Warm weather and a busy schedule are one in the same in my mind.

we got rained on today, and cold (by santa cruz standards). this whole winter has felt like spring, and checking the weather, were due for more sunshine for the rest of the week. pruned two big firs today, one was previously topped at 140' and has a foot bridge right at the base, the other was right around 200'. the first one took 4 hours w/2 climbers. anything of size had to be roped over the bridge and phone lines. the second i did solo in an hour:D, no targets, no roping, just climb to the top and bombs away all the way down. no clean up either;). besides the rain, it was a good day.

We are looking at warmer than normal next week. Lower 40's. At least all you need is a vest or light jacket then. Of course tonight it is snowing. Roads were a little slick on the way home tonight. I have to make a presentation at a home show this weekend. should be fun.

we got rained on today, and cold (by santa cruz standards). this whole winter has felt like spring, and checking the weather, were due for more sunshine for the rest of the week. pruned two big firs today, one was previously topped at 140' and has a foot bridge right at the base, the other was right around 200'. the first one took 4 hours w/2 climbers. anything of size had to be roped over the bridge and phone lines. the second i did solo in an hour:D, no targets, no roping, just climb to the top and bombs away all the way down. no clean up either;). besides the rain, it was a good day.

Jeepers, I feel rather inferior after hearing about the trees you work in. I tip my hat to you.

Chris, Santa Cruz is a real nice area, lots of woods. You have the large agricultural fields close by, the mountains and woods over a wide area, and the beautiful coast heading north and south.

It almost hit 60 two days ago, and now we are supposed to get 6" of snow tonight. Welcome to Chicago. Overall it has been a really mild winter this year.

I've got an interesting job coming up today. We have been hired to prune some type of vine on a customers house. When I met with the homeowner I just couldn't understand what he wanted us to do. As it turns out, he wants us to take electric shears and lightly shear it. It's a 3 story house and only covers about 1/2 of the front. I told him that I have never done anything like this before and didn't know how to bid it so it was going to get billed at our base hourly rate. He said that's fine as long as it doesn't cost more than $1000. So it looks like my day is going to be spent going up and down extension ladders and shearing the side of a house.:|:

Going to finish the syllabus for the SRT seminar tomorrow. Got the truck packed up and going out to the site to rig all the trees, shake snow off the limbs. Should be perfectly cold and wet by the end of the day.

We have to charge 5% sales tax so the bill will be closer to $950. I am not sure what plant it actually is. My guess is either English or Englemann Ivy. Either way it ain't going to be fun. Now there is a snow storm scheduled to start early afternoon. Oh well, at least it's Friday!

Another round of severe storms are starting to roll through here, so got the day off yet again. No plans for the day yet, so guess I shall see what the day brings.

Back