How'd it go today?

Katy is hand feeding them right now (bottle) and soon to ween. They follow us around like little pups.. I sure am happy we ain't got table plans for them ;) They should be easy to milk once we are done raising them :)

Got our rotten cedar and hemlock down today without letting them fall on the septic tanks at the Park. We were using a 450C John Deere bulldozer with a skookum winch. Had to set a running bowline up in the tree from the ground, so we coudn't get several wraps to take the pressure off the knot. 1/2" amsteel breaking sounds like a gunshot! The Cat operator didn't stop winching quickly enough. Lost 1' off the tail of the rope, at the knot, where the rope was a little worn. Interesting.

I had Nubians. I think I would get Toggenburgs now, they seem more laid back. I took my Nubian to the corner feed store to breed, they had a Nubian buck service for ten bucks a pop. That buck was a sex maniac and a disgusting fellow, but he never failed to impregnate my Minna.

I just got chewed out by a landscaper for not shutting down the main entrance to both a bank and a fast food place at lunch time in order to cut down a palm tree (that hasn't moved in 20 years). I told him he was welcome to do it without me but I'm heading back to the yard. It can be done on a weekend when the bank is closed.

WTH, you coulda forced some people into making a healthier choice for lunch and others into saving money by not being able to get in to withdraw it.

I was snowed out this morning. I'm done with winter, done. Had it, I got loads of work and now I'm starting to get backed up. I'm espescially sick of getting up at 2:30am everyfreaking day to check if it's snowed.

I'm not saying I believe in global warming, but the snow has been conspicuously absent this year. I haven't seen this little snow since I lived in Florida.

Back