How'd it go today?

Can you retro fit a steel dog on one ?

I've only seen one at the dealers in the dead pile .Suffered a Humpty Dumpty fall from a tree .I could have landed it on the cheap but declined .Busted tank .

My 192s were both off eBay, and both paid for themselves very quickly. That said, though the 200s take longer to pay for themselves, they do cut nicely. On of mine came from eBay and came with a lightweight 14" bar. It's really nice when there's lots of cutting to be done aloft.

It's referred to as "dirt dauber" welding around here. I call it "in-a-hurry, not a lot of experience, and using old welding rods" welding. Believe it or not, there are a couple of decent-looking welds on it, but I was showing the part that nigh scalped me, not showing off my welding skills...or lack thereof...:lol: The whole thing held up to a huge piece flipping from the lower level up to the other when it hit the edge of the patio, so I can't complain about the strength.

This is across the street from me. At least they didn't break anything. Although they have a few limbs to go.

Attachments

• Photo1725.jpg
    Photo1725.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 30
Welllllll today started out too early to get ready for skiing that got canceled. The kids were confused. We have been waiting for weather to lay some more snow down and it is snowing up at that elevation today. Since the roads were slippery, their school canceled. In the kids eyes I could see the confusion. We have been canceled several weeks for lack of snow, finally get snow.. canceled...:what:
The resounding "OH MAN!" from 2 boys said it all.
SO I brewed some coffee and got on filing my taxes that I have been putting off all month. Still can't completely finish as I believe I still have a 1099 on its way here from a dead mans estate?
Who knows. I will probably have to track it down whom he has his accounting done with. Dunno.

That's crazy, around here the ski hill roads are immaculately maintained. Gotta keep the money flowing.

Wussed out today. It was just tipping -17 this morning at my place and today's job was flexible so I called it a shop/firewood day. Man, I've got wayyyyyyyyy to much wood accumulating in the corner of my field.

Looked at trailers at a couple places today and called on a couple others, went into the city & bought some groceries. Walked around in house planning my next moves & making lists...

Ya gotta remember this is CA. Suckers can't hardly drive in the rain let alone a lil snow.
Every ski class day (Mondays) some one's car gets in an incident. I kid you not. We have to have a shat load of paper work signed for the Home School Charter and Public Schools going to the slopes for their own insurance, then MASS (Mountain Area Ski School) has their insurance. Then Badger Pass has their thing... Kid gets a paper cut and all hell breaks loose.

Fell about 6 feet today when a board broke. We've been pruning a huge taxus maze the past week or so, and we had a system using two orchard ladders and 2 pieces of oak lumber, about 2" think and 12-14 feet long, maybe 10" wide. Ladders get set up and the boards set up about 6 feet up the ladders, creating a scaffold system. Been working great the since day 1. Then today on the final day one of the pieces decided to break while I was on it, just fell straight down pretty much. Just a bit sore and bruised, but I'm good. Turns out one of the pieces was dry rotted about 3 feet from the end. Went and got another board and finished up the maze, glad to finally have this one done and over with haha.

Dang! It sure coulda been worse in a lotta different ways, you got lucky. Learn from this and be careful!

Adrian, glad your not worse off than you are from the fall.

wow, 50mph = me at home inside barring emergencies.

Back